Travis Dye enters transfer portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Travis Dye enters transfer portal

Post by GoDucksTroll »

alxtw wrote:
lmduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Haven't seen confirmation, but USC fans think he is going there. Tell me again how Oregon is the NIL program that needs to be investigated. We can't even hold on to our multi-year starting RB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is baffling. Isn't Riley's offense very pass heavy?
Oklahoma’s RBs put up better numbers than ours, they’ve had a few years of two 1,000 yard backs, and it’s an open offense that gives RBs space. Dye would do great in it as it favors guys who can move in space and cut instead of burners. CJ wouldn’t do great, he has issues with cutbacks.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Dye has been here a long time. With a new staff and offense he’s going to have to learn a new system anyways so he may just want to move on and try something new altogether. I don’t blame him if he does.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just doesn't look right with him in an SC uniform.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Puke.
I’m very disappointed in the staff. Should have put the effort in to keep Baby Dye.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Puke.
I’m very disappointed in the staff. Should have put the effort in to keep Baby Dye.
Doesn't seem like they could have kept him as it seems he wanted to return home with his new fiancee.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:
Doesn't seem like they could have kept him as it seems he wanted to return home with his new fiancee.
Actually they did everything they possibly could based on what I was told. It just didn't work out.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Actually they did everything they possibly could based on what I was told. It just didn't work out.
That's what I said.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Some crystal balls for Broussard takes the sting out a bit

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

greenyellow wrote:
One of the top recruiters out there, fiancée remains a solid rival to Saban, girlfriend, mother, and Jimbo Fisher.

Travis is a bright and hardworking young man, if he thinks it’s the best path for his future then I can’t fault him. He gave us more than I expected, and unlike some Duck fans I’ll look back on him fondly. He willed us to a few wins this year.

But there’s no way to spin it, for Dan Lanning this is a massive failure. You don’t lose your most proven offensive weapon, let alone to your top rival for conference supremacy. No matter the circumstances at the end of the day it’s a loss for him and Dillingham.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not saying it's not a loss but calling it a massive failure is overstating it a bit. Oregon was doing all it could do to keep him but the draw of home and being near his fiancee were just too much to overcome.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Colorados running back will be an upgrade.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Hey - they can't call him 'Baby Dye'; that's OUR name for him! You know, because we had his big brother too. Sheesh, nothing is sacred.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Phalanx wrote:Hey - they can't call him 'Baby Dye'; that's OUR name for him! You know, because we had his big brother too. Sheesh, nothing is sacred.
Agreed, but then they call their NBA team the Lakers down there, so I guess its on brand.
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:
lmduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
That's what I said.
Yes, sorry i misread your post.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Good for him. He paid his dues here and earned the right to try something new. Fiancée and home town aside, some times people just want a new challenge/experience and that’s all there is to it. I don’t think this is a situation where anyones to blame.