OL Logan Sagapolu enters transfer portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

OL Logan Sagapolu enters transfer portal

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like FR OL Logan Sagapolu has entered the transfer portal. Seems he's gotten buried a bit on the depth chart behind Forstyth and Jackson Powers-Johnson at C and wasn't getting much traction at either guard spot.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: OL Logan Sagapolu enters transfer portal

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Good luck to Logan. Strong kid, hope he gets a chance somewhere out the conference and less annoying than BYU.

Stat that is amazing and I’ll be mentioning again since it took a while to count: since Cristobal took over Oregon’s OL in 2017 there have been 305 offensive line starts, five starters in 61 games. Out of those high school recruits recruited by Cristobal have started an incredibly low 37 games. Of those 37 games - 21 have been by Penei Sewell and his last regular season start was in 2019. Steven Jones is responsible for the bulk of the remainder, and Jackson Powers-Johnson the other few. Alex Forsyth committed to Greatwood back in spring of 2016.

We went three years without signing a high school OL who has started a game. Mind blowing work by the OL whisperer, I didn’t realize how bad it was. I don’t care if the kids are JuCos or walk-ons but it’s not from lack of trying to get HS kids, it’s just poor scouting and development.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

The more you peel back the Cristobal era the more holes we see.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
We went three years without signing a high school OL who has started a game. Mind blowing work by the OL whisperer, I didn’t realize how bad it was. I don’t care if the kids are JuCos or walk-ons but it’s not from lack of trying to get HS kids, it’s just poor scouting and development.
This post right here makes me feel so vindicated for saying that our OL recruiting has been lackluster for years and getting lots of "Trust the coaches, Cristobal knows what he's doing." There have been bright spots, but the hit-to-miss ratio has just been too poor to build a quality two-deep. The OL is definitely in a worse place now than where Cristobal found it. Mind blowing.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:
This post right here makes me feel so vindicated for saying that our OL recruiting has been lackluster for years and getting lots of "Trust the coaches, Cristobal knows what he's doing." There have been bright spots, but the hit-to-miss ratio has just been too poor to build a quality two-deep. The OL is definitely in a worse place now than where Cristobal found it. Mind blowing.
Can't disagree here and regretably it takes someone leaving to really see this. Sewell was his only prize although I will say I think Powers-Johnson could be a good one when all is said and done. Not in the Sewell category but very good.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:
Yep. My calling MC out long ago was roundly greeted with catcalls.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lmduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Can't disagree here and regretably it takes someone leaving to really see this. Sewell was his only prize although I will say I think Powers-Johnson could be a good one when all is said and done. Not in the Sewell category but very good.
Horribly ironically, I think the best OL class they was the one they were putting together in 2022. We still would've had a year or two or rough transition until those guys were old enough to contribute, but that was a solid class.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He's headed to Miami, the first Oregon player to do so.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:He's headed to Miami, the first Oregon player to do so.
Not too surprising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk