Updated predictions for this season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Updated predictions for this season

Post by DuckzRule »

I know that I already made a thread about this, but I'm too lazy to reply to it again.

Lanning so far has been doing a good job and he has had some good recruits recently, and we are currently on the number 1 spot in terms of Pac-12 recruiting, and I've been investigating in terms of games.

I've seen some people saying that we have a possibility of upsetting Georgia in Atlanta, but I don't think it's very likely, and then, we have a difficult game against BYU, followed by various Pac-12 games until we get to Utah, albeit this time it will be in Autzen, so far, I predict a 10-2 regular season, with either another Alamo Bowl appearence or a Rose Bowl (hopefully against Michigan).

What are your new predictions?
nogerO
Senior

Re: Updated predictions for this season

Post by nogerO »

My heart says 11-3. My gut says 8-4. Hope it is somewhere in the middle. So I'll say 9-4 win a bowl game.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

I would like to be hopeful with a two loss season. But realistically, with a new coach and the shadow of Cristobal on the program and players learning new schemes. I would say that a three loss season is reasonable with an additional loss possible depending on who we face in the post-season. It will be the year for Lanning to show how his foundation is built, but will take time to climb out of the funk from the last coaching staff. Even though the last staff were phenomenal recruiters and monsters on the trail, their actual in game management and prep was evident in the flat performances and lack of player development. I am hoping that Lanning has both! Go Ducks!
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I really hope Bo Nix is an improvement over the two previous QB's, if he can be at his best we have a really good chance of winning the Pac-12.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

10-2, lose to Georgia and a P12 foe but win the North and a toss-up P12 Title game vs Utah.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Some UO fans are already trying to be the most optimistic possible against Georgia.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck07 wrote:10-2, lose to Georgia and a P12 foe but win the North and a toss-up P12 Title game vs Utah.
^ This
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I don't know if last year's Georgia defense was Lanning's or Kirby's. I don't know if this year's Oregon defense is Lanning's or Tosh's. If the answer is Lanning to both questions, it will be a great season.

The minimum goal each year is the same. Beat UW, beat OSU, win the bowl game.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

nogerO wrote:My heart says 11-3. My gut says 8-4. Hope it is somewhere in the middle. So I'll say 9-4 win a bowl game.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts every year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

DuckzRule wrote:I really hope Bo Nix is an improvement over the two previous QB's, if he can be at his best we have a really good chance of winning the Pac-12.
He can throw the ball further than 5 yards. He is better than AB.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!