Chances of Beating Georgia?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Chances of Beating Georgia?

Post by karlhungis »

DuckzRule wrote:I really wanna have hope for us winning this game since Lanning seems to be a better coach than Cristobal, and Bo Nix will be an improvement over our 2 past QB's, but Auburn (which is a team we should have beat in 2019 but stupid decisions cost us the victory) is a joke when compared to Georgia, plus they are coming right off a natty.

Georgia does have a really bad record playing at Mercedes Benz Stadium but I think we will lose, hopefully it's close.

But hey, since we managed to beat Ohio State last year, anything is possible.
Curious how you have already come to the conclusion that Lanning is better than Cristobal.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Just walked through ATL’s airport. iIts obvious ATL is a neutral site. I saw about 1,000 Georgia t-shirts and one Oregon. Mine….
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

UofDuck wrote:Just walked through ATL’s airport. iIts obvious ATL is a neutral site. I saw about 1,000 Georgia t-shirts and one Oregon. Mine….
If Atlanta is a neutral site then I am a Duck linebacker.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

rockthief wrote:
UofDuck wrote:Just walked through ATL’s airport. iIts obvious ATL is a neutral site. I saw about 1,000 Georgia t-shirts and one Oregon. Mine….
Its as neutral site as it can get! :lol:

We should start scheduling "neutral" games with SEC opponents at Levi's stadium and kickoff at 730pm pacific time, which they'd never agree to hahaha...
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I really want Oregon to cancel the Portland State game next year and force Alabama to schedule a kickoff game in Las Vegas, similar to the USC vs LSU one planned for 2024.

Also does someone know what happened to the Allstate Kickoff Classic (formerly Advocare Classic) and Texas Kickoff this year?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

alxtw wrote:
rockthief wrote:
Its as neutral site as it can get! :lol:

We should start scheduling "neutral" games with SEC opponents at Levi's stadium and kickoff at 730pm pacific time, which they'd never agree to hahaha...
Yeah. A neutral site as defined by the SEC good ol boys: Within 500 miles of our campus.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

DuckzRule wrote:I really want Oregon to cancel the Portland State game next year and force Alabama to schedule a kickoff game in Las Vegas, similar to the USC vs LSU one planned for 2024.

Also does someone know what happened to the Allstate Kickoff Classic (formerly Advocare Classic) and Texas Kickoff this year?
I'd rather play Alabama in their home stadium than in Vegas were Oregon is known to get blown out by anyone that is across the field from them.

That reminds me of another point I've made before. I'd rather take on these SEC teams in their home stadiums than these fake neutral games. Even if they are too scared to come to Autzen. If you saw the LSU vs UCLA game then you saw why SEC teams are afraid to come out West instead of playing in their safe spaces and Autzen is by far the place the SEC teams want to avoid. The fake neutral games just allow for the SEC teams to pack more of their fans in the stadium. Plus Oregon doesn't do well in non college environments. They aren't bad on the road like the game against Ohio State but if they played Ohio State in Lucas Oil Stadium than that might have been a tougher atmosphere for the Ducks.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

duck023 wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:I really want Oregon to cancel the Portland State game next year and force Alabama to schedule a kickoff game in Las Vegas, similar to the USC vs LSU one planned for 2024.

I'd rather play Alabama in their home stadium than in Vegas were Oregon is known to get blown out by anyone that is across the field from them.

That reminds me of another point I've made before. I'd rather take on these SEC teams in their home stadiums than these fake neutral games. Even if they are too scared to come to Autzen. If you saw the LSU vs UCLA game then you saw why SEC teams are afraid to come out West instead of playing in their safe spaces and Autzen is by far the place the SEC teams want to avoid. The fake neutral games just allow for the SEC teams to pack more of their fans in the stadium. Plus Oregon doesn't do well in non college environments. They aren't bad on the road like the game against Ohio State but if they played Ohio State in Lucas Oil Stadium than that might have been a tougher atmosphere for the Ducks.
The fact you said SEC teams are afraid of Autzen prolly explains why we currently don't have any home and homes with an SEC team, tho I wish we schedule Alabama, LSU or Arkansas someday
McDawg
One Star Recruit

Post by McDawg »

It’s not whether or not a team is “afraid” to travel to another schools stadium, this is about $$. A home & home just doesn’t pay either team the revenue generated by a neutral site sponsored game. I don’t think there’s been a sponsor in the PNW or the density of domed stadiums in the PNW that have ever hosted these type of events; correct me if I’m wrong. NFL stadiums are typically used for these, and there are at least four within a few hours of where I now sit in north Georgia.
Sponsors? Chic-Fil-A and Dukes Mayo just happened to have a marketing department that saw an opportunity. The PNW has a chance to have an event like this I think. Have Boeing sponsor one in Seattle. A PAC favorite vs another P5 conf favorite. That’d probably be a nice game.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

McDawg wrote:It’s not whether or not a team is “afraid” to travel to another schools stadium, this is about $$. A home & home just doesn’t pay either team the revenue generated by a neutral site sponsored game. I don’t think there’s been a sponsor in the PNW or the density of domed stadiums in the PNW that have ever hosted these type of events; correct me if I’m wrong. NFL stadiums are typically used for these, and there are at least four within a few hours of where I now sit in north Georgia.
Sponsors? Chic-Fil-A and Dukes Mayo just happened to have a marketing department that saw an opportunity. The PNW has a chance to have an event like this I think. Have Boeing sponsor one in Seattle. A PAC favorite vs another P5 conf favorite. That’d probably be a nice game.
While somwhat valid, by that logic, all out of conference games would be off-site games, which is obviously not the case.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

McDawg wrote:It’s not whether or not a team is “afraid” to travel to another schools stadium, this is about $$. A home & home just doesn’t pay either team the revenue generated by a neutral site sponsored game. I don’t think there’s been a sponsor in the PNW or the density of domed stadiums in the PNW that have ever hosted these type of events; correct me if I’m wrong. NFL stadiums are typically used for these, and there are at least four within a few hours of where I now sit in north Georgia.
I think the biggest issue with Pac-12 fans is that these games are labeled “neutral”, nothing about a game played in Atlanta between Oregon and Georgia is “neutral”. I remember when Washington State hosted a few games where the Seahawks play and they called them home games, not “neutral”. This “neutral” BS is only giving unnecessary SOS points to undeserving SEC teams with their weak 8 game conference schedule and late season FCS opponents. Just call this what it is, a home game for Georgia, not a neutral site.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This “neutral” BS is only giving unnecessary SOS points to undeserving SEC teams with their weak 8 game conference schedule and late season FCS opponents. Just call this what it is, a home game for Georgia, not a neutral site.
/applause

The only universal "neutral" location in the country should be Las Vegas, because everyone loves Vegas and it's super cheap/easy to get there. Otherwise, if a "neutral" location is within driving distance for one school but not the other then it's not a neutral site. It's a home game for the team that's 6 hours away.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pezsez1 wrote:
This “neutral” BS is only giving unnecessary SOS points to undeserving SEC teams with their weak 8 game conference schedule and late season FCS opponents. Just call this what it is, a home game for Georgia, not a neutral site.
/applause

The only universal "neutral" location in the country should be Las Vegas, because everyone loves Vegas and it's super cheap/easy to get there. Otherwise, if a "neutral" location is within driving distance for one school but not the other then it's not a neutral site. It's a home game for the team that's 6 hours away.
Actually its only an hour and a half drive from Athens to Atlanta ;)
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
McDawg
One Star Recruit

Post by McDawg »

That sounds great. Athens is 1 1/2 hr drive to the Mercedes’, but it’s never really been to our advantage. By my count we are somewhere close to 3w 8L in that stadium, and equally abysmal in the old Georgia Dome. We took a couple of beat downs there too. So to say it’s huge advantage for UGA at the Benz may be a push. Yea, we will have a crowd advantage, agreed. Look up our record there and you’ll see; the Mercedes’ hasn’t been good to us.
Alabama has a better post season record in the Benz than the Falcons.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

McDawg wrote:That sounds great. Athens is 1 1/2 hr drive to the Mercedes’, but it’s never really been to our advantage. By my count we are somewhere close to 3w 8L in that stadium, and equally abysmal in the old Georgia Dome. We took a couple of beat downs there too. So to say it’s huge advantage for UGA at the Benz may be a push. Yea, we will have a crowd advantage, agreed. Look up our record there and you’ll see; the Mercedes’ hasn’t been good to us.
Alabama has a better post season record in the Benz than the Falcons.
I get what your saying, but coming off a national championship will increase the impact. There will be a sea of red rabid fans for this one. Even more so than in the past. I just hope David can sling those stones just right at Goliath