Okay….. poll, who is the 2nd best Duck player “ever”?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Who is the 2nd best Duck “ever”?

Haloti Ngata
33%
Norm Van Brocklin
No votes
LMJ
28%
Kenyon Barner
No votes
Bobby Moore
8%
Chris Miller
3%
Justin Herbert
3%
Joey Harrington
3%
Jonathan Stewart
3%
DAT
3%
Dennis Dixon
6%
Dan Fouts
No votes
Max Unger
No votes
Penei Sewell
11%

Total votes: 36
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Okay….. poll, who is the 2nd best Duck player “ever”?

Post by dd10snoop28 »

The largest contributors to advancement of the Oregon brand in my lifetime (players), in chronological order:

1- Joey - put us on the national map
2- Dixon - revolutionary offense
3- LaMichael - perennial elite team/offense
4- Mariota - superstar
5- N/A - peak reached

I'm tempted to leave Mariota off the list since the Oregon brand was already established firmly by the time he stepped on the field. He was basically the fulfillment of everything that had led up to his arrival at UO. Would have been storybook ending if we beat tOSU.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Hard not to play "woulda-coulda-shoulda."

If Dixon doesn't get hurt, he wins the Heisman and we debate for eternity who was the better Heisman between him and Mariota.

If Herbert had better players around him, the sky's the limit.

Ehh. Dixon maybe wins it, but I still doubt it. And body of work, Marcus was far superior to Dixon career. Dennis couldn’t even get out of his own way until his Sr year.

If Herbert had had Helf as his OC, never HC, he probably finishes second in the heisman to Joe B.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I'd actually go with Lamichael number 1 because he literally carried the Ducks to their ONLY undefeated regular season. Also, I feel it's harder to carry a team from the running back position than quarterback. I also think Lamichael made Chip Kelly's career because the way they looked in that Boise game with Blount didn't look too good. Mariota was great in fact that at times it looked too easy. However, that making it look easy greatness sort of worked against him too because the games he was human Oregon looked awful and would lose. He is so much better than Tebow but struggled beating Stanford until his senior year and even that year he lost to Arizona. Lamichael didn't have a bad game until Auburn and like I said that is harder to do as a running back because Stanford keyed in on Barner and completely shut him down but couldn't do that to James.