#3 Georgia vs #11 Oregon (Sept. 3, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: #3 Georgia vs #11 Oregon (Sept. 3, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:I watched the 12 minute highlights and came to 2 determinations:

1- Georgia isn't as good as the score reflects.
2- Oregon isn't as bad as the score reflects.

-end
Sorry but, uhhh yes, Georgia is as good as the score reflects. Its one thing to be a homer, its entirely another to deny reality. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If we played 20 more times, we'd never get an outcome of 49-3. The score doesn't reflect the gap IMO. But, alas, I only watched 12 minutes of highlights so take it FWIW.
This easily could have been 70-3. Georgia quit trying to score in the 4th but Oregon never came close to stopping the Georgia first string. Play 20 times Oregon should improve with each game and the gap shrink as this coaching staff is young and extremely inexperienced individually and as a unit. Key players are transfers and new to their teammates and the offense and defensive systems are new to all the players. 49-3 this week was a mercy score.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GrandpaDuck wrote: This easily could have been 70-3. Georgia quit trying to score in the 4th but Oregon never came close to stopping the Georgia first string. Play 20 times Oregon should improve with each game and the gap shrink as this coaching staff is young and extremely inexperienced individually and as a unit. Key players are transfers and new to their teammates and the offense and defensive systems are new to all the players. 49-3 this week was a mercy score.
It could have also been 34-17 and we all feel a lot different about the game if you take 3 bad throws off the table and don't miss 3 tackles.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Lots of ifs and buts. Of course we all wanted a more competitive game but it's over and we have to move on.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lmduck wrote:Lots of ifs and buts. Of course we all wanted a more competitive game but it's over and we have to move on.
Why? We’re just fans, for me rumors and speculation make being a fan more fun! I’m guessing I’m alone in that.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
lmduck wrote:Lots of ifs and buts. Of course we all wanted a more competitive game but it's over and we have to move on.
Why? We’re just fans, for me rumors and speculation make being a fan more fun! I’m guessing I’m alone in that.
It was the 3rd highest watched game of the weekend at 6.2 Million and that was with it being on a Saturday with all the other games going on whereas the 2 higher ranked games were the only game on.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Rumors and speculation are one thing. My point is we seem to be dwelling on something that is not going to change. I think all of us hope there is significant improvement this week and going forward. We can slice and dice the game a million ways to Sunday but ain't nothing gonna change the outcome and that is my point.

Not saying we should pretend it never happened but just wondering how many more post mortems we need.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:I watched the 12 minute highlights and came to 2 determinations:

1- Georgia isn't as good as the score reflects.
2- Oregon isn't as bad as the score reflects.

-end
Sorry but, uhhh yes, Georgia is as good as the score reflects. Its one thing to be a homer, its entirely another to deny reality. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If we played 20 more times, we'd never get an outcome of 49-3. The score doesn't reflect the gap IMO. But, alas, I only watched 12 minutes of highlights so take it FWIW.
Actually, Georgia called off the dawgs and pulled most of their starters, so while you say, "If we played 20 more times, we'd never get an outcome of 49-3", actually, it could have been worse. Just be grateful Lanning was coaching because I guarantee you if Chip was the coach, it would have easily been 77-3.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I really saw nothing to show Georgia's lopsided win was a fluke. We had all game to score -- probably against several of Georgia's backups near the end -- and couldn't punch it in once. We were terrible on defense and our offense was meh. We were completley outclassed.

Maybe that outcome isn't the norm if these teams play 20 times at the end of the season, but replay that Week 1 matchup again 20 times and, yeah, Ducks are getting blown out in most of them.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

QuackininBama wrote:
Actually, Georgia called off the dawgs and pulled most of their starters, so while you say, "If we played 20 more times, we'd never get an outcome of 49-3", actually, it could have been worse. Just be grateful Lanning was coaching because I guarantee you if Chip was the coach, it would have easily been 77-3.
Actually, this is going to get really into the who-gives-a-hoot realm, but I don't agree. Oregon never stopped Georgia, starters or otherwise. If the starters came in, were they going to score 14 on a possession instead of 7? On the other end, was Georgia's defense waiting until the 4th quarter to score defensive touchdowns? I don't see the score changing if they played their 1st string all game, because there was no change in the result when they were there and not there.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Starters and 2nd string backups has changed over years. There is so much rotation every play that it’s hard to label non starters as a big down grade. Especially on a team like Georgia. The Dawg fans before the game pointed out they’re be very little fall off even with losing 8 to the NFL because their twos played nearly as many snaps as the ones. They were right.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

pezsez1 wrote:I really saw nothing to show Georgia's lopsided win was a fluke. We had all game to score -- probably against several of Georgia's backups near the end -- and couldn't punch it in once. We were terrible on defense and our offense was meh. We were completley outclassed.

Maybe that outcome isn't the norm if these teams play 20 times at the end of the season, but replay that Week 1 matchup again 20 times and, yeah, Ducks are getting blown out in most of them.
So you think Oregon is worse than Samford. Samford did put up a better fight with Georgia than Oregon. I'd argue Oregon played better this week than Georgia because Oregon crushed EWU while Georgia struggled with Samford.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck023 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:I really saw nothing to show Georgia's lopsided win was a fluke. We had all game to score -- probably against several of Georgia's backups near the end -- and couldn't punch it in once. We were terrible on defense and our offense was meh. We were completley outclassed.

So you think Oregon is worse than Samford. Samford did put up a better fight with Georgia than Oregon. I'd argue Oregon played better this week than Georgia because Oregon crushed EWU while Georgia struggled with Samford.
Move on already.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

duck023 wrote:

Please find something else to occupy your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk