Way too early bowl projections

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Way too early bowl projections

Post by DuckzRule »

So far, only 2 news outlets have had bowl projections, but now we are closer to the college football season.

247Sports predicts we will play against Baylor in the Alamo Bowl, which would be a little bit interesting considering that we have never played the Bears before, despite the upcoming 2027-28 series against them.

College Football News actually has a really interesting take on our bowl destiny, since we are projected to be in a higher tier bowl than Utah themselves, since we are projected to be in the Rose Bowl against Michigan (Utah is projected to face Oklahoma in the Alamo Bowl), but we aren't the Pac-12 team with the best result according to that outlet, since they predict USC to face Alabama in the playoffs.

Am I the only one who thinks Utah and USC are overrated?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Way too early bowl projections

Post by karlhungis »

I think all three of us are overrated. I don't see USC making the playoffs. I think Utah has a better chance than we do of making the Rose Bowl. I just don't understand how anyone can predict anything with this staff.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Utah lost their bets players on D. Not sure how anyone thinks they will repeat. No way does Dudwig out scheme Lanning. SC still hasn’t addressed the OL and DL, they basically will get beat in the trenches by anyone with a pulse when they play. They are really set up to pass and stop the passing game. But teams will tun for 200 yards every week against them. That brings up Oregon. If Nix or whoever can be just a bit better than check down Brown, our O will be pretty good. We improved at OL, WR, TE (based on another year of experience) and even RB. Imho our hardest games will be week 1 and 3, and then Utah. Go 2-1 vs those 3, and we should win 10 games easily and make the conference title game again.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Utah lost their bets players on D. Not sure how anyone thinks they will repeat. No way does Dudwig out scheme Lanning. SC still hasn’t addressed the OL and DL, they basically will get beat in the trenches by anyone with a pulse when they play. They are really set up to pass and stop the passing game. But teams will tun for 200 yards every week against them. That brings up Oregon. If Nix or whoever can be just a bit better than check down Brown, our O will be pretty good. We improved at OL, WR, TE (based on another year of experience) and even RB. Imho our hardest games will be week 1 and 3, and then Utah. Go 2-1 vs those 3, and we should win 10 games easily and make the conference title game again.
Oregon and Utah actually have pretty even schedules as I look at them in the OOC and I think we're likely to play them twice (in Eugene and the P12 CG)
Week 1 - vs Georgia in Atlanta/at Florida
Week 3 - vs BYU/ vs SDSU

Cam Rising is a good QB and Utah does a good job of always being competent on D. I think Bo Nix is the biggest Wild Card at QB for any team this year and if we get an A level performance out of him and Dillingham we should all be overjoyed with the results.