Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckzRule wrote:
wepto wrote: The Nebraska president just predicted 2-4 Pac-12 teams will join the B1G within the next few years.
Hoping Oregon is one of them...

Now, seriously speaking, the Pac-12 is in a very bad situation right now and I think there's no way to save the conference unless the biggest of miracles happens.

OSU, WSU, UA and CU are the 4.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote: OSU, WSU, UA and CU are the 4.
I bet they do the unexpected and take Boise State over Arizona.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

For anyone tired of the "zomg the Pac 12 is doomed!" drama, I highly recommend browsing Twitter for utterly ridiculous Damian Lillard trade scenarios.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Colorado AD made a statement today pretty much saying they're not 100% committed to staying in the Pac-12. The Big 10 invite can't come soon enough or we're screwed at this point.

If that $20MM per school number is correct, we'll be facing a giant uphill battle for relevancy down the road.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

ducks5ever wrote:Colorado AD made a statement today pretty much saying they're not 100% committed to staying in the Pac-12. The Big 10 invite can't come soon enough or we're screwed at this point.

If that $20MM per school number is correct, we'll be facing a giant uphill battle for relevancy down the road.
Seeing Colorado probably rejoin their old conference feels wholesome but cursed at the same time, I wonder how will the surviving members of the Big 12 receive the Buffaloes, I've also seen people saying that Arizona could come with Colorado as a package deal but I don't know what will happen to Arizona State.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

I'll throw out my uninformed predictions just for fun:
Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford to Big 10.
Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State to Big 12.
Oregon State and Washington State to Mountain West.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Big-12 Commissioner says "We're still open to expansion".

It mentions the 4 corner schools as potential targets.

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-12-open-to ... 25963.html
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pdxduck2013 wrote:I'll throw out my uninformed predictions just for fun:
Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford to Big 10.
Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State to Big 12.
Oregon State and Washington State to Mountain West.
If PAC-12 folds, this seems like a plausible scenario.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

"performance based CFP distribution" would sound like if you win your CFP game, you keep the money. If you lose, you've got to split some of it.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Interesting headline. Perhaps a bit of positive spin from the Pac-12 CEOs.

They've agreed to the terms of a GOR -- which is a big deal -- but that's still contingent upon the actual dollar amounts of the unfinished media deal.

So, for the "B1G or Bust" crowd, there's still room there for Pac-12 schools to jump ship and for the B1G to snag Oregon/others for pennies on the dollar.

That said, Canzano (who broke this news) has been pretty much on the money about the whole realignment issue and I still don't see the Pac-12 folding. It really feels like the conference is just taking its time while allowing its future streaming partners to figure things out.

Random thought: If there were some backroom deal brewing for the B1G to snag a couple Pac-12 schools, then the Pac-12 media deal would effectively give the B1G a price tag. Any Pac-12 school that leaves would demand at least its $$$ allocation plus an added chunk for extra travel expenses. Would be interesting to math that out and see if the B1G could pay that without shrinking margins from its existing members.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:"performance based CFP distribution" would sound like if you win your CFP game, you keep the money. If you lose, you've got to split some of it.
More like if you just make the CFP, you get to keep a bigger share than all the other schools.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:Interesting headline. Perhaps a bit of positive spin from the Pac-12 CEOs.

They've agreed to the terms of a GOR -- which is a big deal -- but that's still contingent upon the actual dollar amounts of the unfinished media deal.

So, for the "B1G or Bust" crowd, there's still room there for Pac-12 schools to jump ship and for the B1G to snag Oregon/others for pennies on the dollar.

That said, Canzano (who broke this news) has been pretty much on the money about the whole realignment issue and I still don't see the Pac-12 folding. It really feels like the conference is just taking its time while allowing its future streaming partners to figure things out.

Random thought: If there were some backroom deal brewing for the B1G to snag a couple Pac-12 schools, then the Pac-12 media deal would effectively give the B1G a price tag. Any Pac-12 school that leaves would demand at least its $$$ allocation plus an added chunk for extra travel expenses. Would be interesting to math that out and see if the B1G could pay that without shrinking margins from its existing members.
Why do you believe Canzano? JC is never on the money about anything, he is the beavers mouthpiece. The Arizona AD said he knew nothing about the GOR. But I’m sure JC would get the news before any AD.

https://youtu.be/4XaDMOWSx6c
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

buckmarkduck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Interesting headline. Perhaps a bit of positive spin from the Pac-12 CEOs.

Why do you believe Canzano? JC is never on the money about anything, he is the beavers mouthpiece. The Arizona AD said he knew nothing about the GOR. But I’m sure JC would get the news before any AD.

While he definitely talks up the beavers more, he has seemed more friendly towards the ducks in recent years, at least the few times I've listened anyway
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

squintsdd wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

While he definitely talks up the beavers more, he has seemed more friendly towards the ducks in recent years, at least the few times I've listened anyway
I believe JC is the (self appointed) chairperson of the Jonathan Smith fan club and will be taking on an additional role as the chair person of the DJU fan club. [WINKING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk