Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by northbeachsf »

buckmarkduck wrote:
alxtw wrote:Stanford views themselves as elitists. If ucla is a no go, and the b1g approaches stanford, i dont think stanford likes to play second fiddle. Their prestige and image is worth more than doubling their annual athletic revenue stream.

Stanford and the 4 fans who watch them, won’t be getting an invite before UO or UW. This is about money, and no one is getting excited about a Stanford and Jason Garret.

UCLA got an invite and only 4 fans watch them too.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm expecting the Pac-(??) media agreement to come in slightly above the Big-12 and with Amazon Prime being a key distributor of content.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:Man you're twisting words. I said nothing about being in a superior position. I said the Pac 12 is the stronger conference
By what metric though? I just posted quite a few reasons why the B1G is the "stronger" conference; claiming I'm twisting your words is being awfully pedantic.
You're taking two schools and saying that the B1G is the stronger conference. I would argue that 2 schools do not make a conference. 6 schools in the top 25 vs 3 would tell me that the pac12 is stronger. Now if you want to argue that the B1G is stronger based off media rights and annual earnings, yeah the B1G far and away exceeds the Pac 12.
Saying that I said the pac12 is the "superior" conference is most definitely twisting words. Never did I say that. On the field, based off of end of season results by the ENTIRE conference, the Pac12 is stronger.
At seasons end, the B1G has 2 of the 4 teams in the Playoff, the Pac has 0.

2 of the ranked teams for the Pac are leaving for the B1G.

So yes, the Pac is the weaker conference all things considered.
Yes, the Big-10 got 2 teams into the playoffs, but Ohio State backed into the #4 spot when Utah beat USC. The fact that there's become so much more parity in the Pac-12 makes it appear to be the stronger conference from top to bottom.
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Today's the big day were we will finally find out if UCLA will or won't go to the Big Ten.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

In the least surprising move after a lot of wasted time and energy, UCLA is going to leave for the Big Ten.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

No one truly cares about the "student" part of student-athlete. And honestly with NIL and transfer portal the way it is, I can't say I blame them.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Now that it’s official, I imagine there will be more conference movement soon. People were just waiting to see how this plays out.

Seeing duck fans freaking out, stop, don’t freak out. In the end as college football changes Oregon will not be left out. Do you think the B1G wants Minnesota over Oregon? Which program brings more revenue? Oregon will eventually be in the B1G.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Glad it's over and we can finally move on. I'm really hopeful about the Pac-12 getting a streaming partner but we'll see what happens.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

greenyellow wrote:In the least surprising move after a lot of wasted time and energy, UCLA is going to leave for the Big Ten.
Other part was paying Cal a cut of the Big 10 money.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Interesting development for the Big Ten as Kevin Warren may not even be commissioner when USC/UCLA join.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:Interesting development for the Big Ten as Kevin Warren may not even be commissioner when USC/UCLA join.

Why would he take that job? Does it actually pay more? And I doubt it has as much job security.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Interesting development for the Big Ten as Kevin Warren may not even be commissioner when USC/UCLA join.

Why would he take that job? Does it actually pay more? And I doubt it has as much job security.
16 bosses versus 1
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

pezsez1 wrote:The Pac-12 definitely seems like the stronger conference from top-to-bottom, but that doesn't mean anything in terms of the CFP and reaching the sport's mountaintop. If anything, the Pac-12 is at a disadvantage for being stronger. It's a big reason why we rarely have playoff representation. Our top-tier teams have to do better (and be luckier) than teams in other conferences.
This ^^

It doesn't matter which league is stronger because at the end of the day we need to make it into the CFB where anything can happen as we just saw with TCU.

Sure people are excited that their brothers and aunts from OSU and UW are so much stronger now for the "Pac-12".
But that doesn't make it easier for us to win the final trophy at the end of the season. It makes it easy for them to spoiler our season when we have good teams.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

The Washington State Legislature introduced a bill where UW and WSU are obligated to stay in the same conference, I can see one being done for the State of Oregon as well.

So I guess this will put an end to the possible Big Ten move since I doubt any conference is interested in Washington State or Oregon State.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckzRule wrote:The Washington State Legislature introduced a bill where UW and WSU are obligated to stay in the same conference, I can see one being done for the State of Oregon as well.

So I guess this will put an end to the possible Big Ten move since I doubt any conference is interested in Washington State or Oregon State.

Anyone who is an elected official worried about this BS, should be voted out. They aren’t in office to control where their favorite sports team plays football.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.