Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StreeterCL
One Star Recruit

Re: Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by StreeterCL »

I think the indication now is that Oregon is safe. But Big 10 waiting to make an announcement of all at the same time? That's what the wait is for?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckfan22 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:You guys, we may never have to watch Pac-12 refs screw Oregon again!

LOL the problem is the b1g would hire them if the pac dissolves
If they are in the B1G then they won’t get away with the same shenanigans they’ve gotten away with in the Pac-12.
DuckBomb2
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckBomb2 »

B1G should add the entire Pac-12. B1G West and B1G East. Division winners play in the Rose Bowl on New Years Day and claim a national championship. SEC can go play with themselves.
UofDuck
Senior

Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by UofDuck »

If the B1G had both the juevos and the cache to dump their current bottom-feeders and bring on ND, SC, UCLA, OR, Stanford and WA, that would make for some great games and massively improve their brand. I could live with that. Having 5 west coast teams would reduce travel for both the west and east B1G divisions and keep a lot of rivalries alive for all - ND vs SC and Stan, OR vs WA, SC vs UCLA, tOSU vs MI…
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I've heard the reason Notre Dame has been taking so long is because they're currently ending their contract with the ACC or something like that.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I also heard that the B1G actually accepted UO's and UW's admissions but they are waiting to see if they can add ND and another random school so they can be added all at once
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckzRule wrote:I've heard the reason Notre Dame has been taking so long is because they're currently ending their contract with the ACC or something like that.

I think I they will owe the ACC 110 million. So it might take a few days.
StreeterCL
One Star Recruit

Post by StreeterCL »

DuckzRule wrote:I also heard that the B1G actually accepted UO's and UW's admissions but they are waiting to see if they can add ND and another random school so they can be added all at once
Fairly certain this is the case with Oregon, not sure it's with UW yet. But I imagine they want to announce schools at the same time rather than multiple one school announcements. Washington's recent statement they put out makes it sound like they are currently turned away.

DuckzRule wrote:I've heard the reason Notre Dame has been taking so long is because they're currently ending their contract with the ACC or something like that.
Yes. Their ridiculous silence leads you to believe that is true. I would say Oregon's silence also speaks to that.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Maybe the Rose Bowl just becomes the de facto B10 title game. oh the absurdity of this.
StreeterCL
One Star Recruit

Post by StreeterCL »

Wow Canzano is desperate to save the Beavs. His article he put out about Phil being able to save the conference is a huge emotional plea rather than anything logical or financially lucrative.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

StreeterCL wrote:Wow Canzano is desperate to save the Beavs. His article he put out about Phil being able to save the conference is a huge emotional plea rather than anything logical or financially lucrative.
I'd bet I'm probably the biggest Beaver fan on this board, as their wrestling team is in contention with the Ducks MBB team for the in-state program I care the second most about behind Oregon football. That said, I've long felt the existence of both major programs has been to their mutual detriment. The state is too small and cares too little about sports to split evenly between two fanbases.

Oregon State can continue to compete at a high level in baseball, women's gymnastics, and wrestling from outside a power 5 conference. Oregon moves closer to parity with other major universities.
StreeterCL
One Star Recruit

Post by StreeterCL »

StevensTechU wrote:
StreeterCL wrote:Wow Canzano is desperate to save the Beavs. His article he put out about Phil being able to save the conference is a huge emotional plea rather than anything logical or financially lucrative.
I'd bet I'm probably the biggest Beaver fan on this board, as their wrestling team is in contention with the Ducks MBB team for the in-state program I care the second most about behind Oregon football. That said, I've long felt the existence of both major programs has been to their mutual detriment. The state is too small and cares too little about sports to split evenly between two fanbases.

Oregon State can continue to compete at a high level in baseball, women's gymnastics, and wrestling from outside a power 5 conference. Oregon moves closer to parity with other major universities.

Oregon State wrestling is coming along nicely. I'm in Nebraska but I have been paying attention.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

StreeterCL wrote:
Oregon State wrestling is coming along nicely. I'm in Nebraska but I have been paying attention.
Well then this thought that I've been having might not be wasted on someone- a huge benefit to me is that B1G bylaws require schools have a wrestling team. If that's where Oregon lands, the wrestling program ostensibly comes back to life, a huge boost to wrestling in the PNW where only the beavs have a program and all the best kids go east, just like football.
StreeterCL
One Star Recruit

Post by StreeterCL »

StevensTechU wrote:
StreeterCL wrote:
Well then this thought that I've been having might not be wasted on someone- a huge benefit to me is that B1G bylaws require schools have a wrestling team. If that's where Oregon lands, the wrestling program ostensibly comes back to life, a huge boost to wrestling in the PNW where only the beavs have a program and all the best kids go east, just like football.

Unfortunately that isn't true. I don't think wrestling programs will get started unless women's also do. Pat Mineo has been discussing this in that "wrestling room" facebook group regarding UCLA and USC. I mean I know both of those schools have club teams but I don't see them starting wrestling unless women's is also starting. Who knows.

Sorry to everyone, didn't mean to hijack this convo about wrestling.