Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by bellsduck »

Really starting to dislike college athletics pretty strongly.
Problem is, I hate pro sports even more.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's basically a done deal now.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:Also I saw some people saying Oregon may go to the ACC, which is dumb

Who is saying that? The ACC is just a crappy Pac 12.
I dunno, I think some random people
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Also I don't want us to get into the Big 12, that would be so boring and bad.

Logically we should also join the B1G, but definitely the SEC or ACC poaching us would be strange
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I, like most duck fans, are not happy with this, but it is what it is. What’s best for Oregon is to join the B1G, screw the Pac-12 the conference has let us down for years (the replay officials may have cost Oregon a natty in 2012 with that Zach Ertz ruling). I really really hope Schill and Mullens are working OT to get Oregon in the B1G and a part of a possible super conference/subdivision. If they just sit around Oregon will get left behind, Oregon has a big enough brand to be a part of the B1G but not big enough for them to wait on Oregon, Schill and Mullens need to act now.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I agree with you.

Either way, we would have to deal with Ohio State if we join the B1G, Alabama if we join the SEC, or Clemson if we join the ACC.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I hate to say it but those teams shouldn’t matter to Mullens, the #1 focus for an A/D is not national championships, but the team brand. Obviously natties can help a brand (look at Bama, the top brand in college football), but there are other ways to make a brand. What’s best for Oregon’s brand is what’s best for Oregon, and that is joining the B1G. I hate that this is what college football is but it is what it is.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I, like most duck fans, are not happy with this, but it is what it is. What’s best for Oregon is to join the B1G, screw the Pac-12 the conference has let us down for years (the replay officials may have cost Oregon a natty in 2012 with that Zach Ertz ruling). I really really hope Schill and Mullens are working OT to get Oregon in the B1G and a part of a possible super conference/subdivision. If they just sit around Oregon will get left behind, Oregon has a big enough brand to be a part of the B1G but not big enough for them to wait on Oregon, Schill and Mullens need to act now.
Uh, wasn't this already posted?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DuckzRule wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I, like most duck fans, are not happy with this, but it is what it is. What’s best for Oregon is to join the B1G, screw the Pac-12 the conference has let us down for years (the replay officials may have cost Oregon a natty in 2012 with that Zach Ertz ruling). I really really hope Schill and Mullens are working OT to get Oregon in the B1G and a part of a possible super conference/subdivision. If they just sit around Oregon will get left behind, Oregon has a big enough brand to be a part of the B1G but not big enough for them to wait on Oregon, Schill and Mullens need to act now.
Uh, wasn't this already posted?
Accidental double post, I edited it to be a new thought. I have too many thoughts about this, USC and UCLA have ruined my productivity at work today.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

bellsduck wrote:Really starting to dislike college athletics pretty strongly.
Problem is, I hate pro sports even more.
Ditto, just getting less enjoyable. What a bummer!

Just glad I was alive to experience some good football in late 90s and 2000s.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If you had a choice, would you rather see Oregon in Big10 or SEC?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

UOducksTK1 wrote:If you had a choice, would you rather see Oregon in Big10 or SEC?
Big 10 seems more likely, but I would also kinda like the SEC but only to play Alabama and other random teams like Florida.

So yeah, B1G bound...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Beginning to miss how things used to be now that everything we knew and loved has been tossed to the side the past couple years during the pandemic. I doubt this move would have happened if the conference schools didn't get so strapped for cash due to the bad media deal and then the lack of attendance for that one season.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

SEC would be really interesting, but I'm having difficulty imagine woke Eugene aligning with schools from the South. Culturally, the Big 10 is probably the best fit. Anyone who lived in the 70's and 80's is going to have a hard time watching the death of the Conference of Champions though. Sheesh.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:Beginning to miss how things used to be now that everything we knew and loved has been tossed to the side the past couple years during the pandemic. I doubt this move would have happened if the conference schools didn't get so strapped for cash due to the bad media deal and then the lack of attendance for that one season.
Don't let some of these tweets kid you, this has been in the works for a few years. I remember Joel Klatt talking about it awhile back, saying that the LA schools were leaving if something wasn't done about revenue, etc.