2022 Pac-12 Media Days

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

2022 Pac-12 Media Days

Post by greenyellow »

With Pac-12 Media Days this week, the preseason all-Pac-12 teams have been announced. Oregon has 8 players represented, with 4 on both the first and second teams.
greenyellow

Re: 2022 Pac-12 Media Days

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon picked to finish 2nd in the Pac-12 by the media.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Figured it’d be Utah, no reason to believe they won’t repeat as conference champs. However under Lanning I don’t expect Oregon to show up with their tail between their legs behind a coach claiming “Smashmouth football” during the pre-game interview.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Figured it’d be Utah, no reason to believe they won’t repeat as conference champs. However under Lanning I don’t expect Oregon to show up with their tail between their legs behind a coach claiming “Smashmouth football” during the pre-game interview.

I just don’t think they are that good. I’m not convinced they even with the South. I hate to use injuries as an excuse, but the team that played at tOSU wasn’t the same team that got beat down by Utah and OU. CJ had single handily beaten Utah before, and he wasn’t around. And our game plan looked like the coaches didn’t even watch the film.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Figured it’d be Utah, no reason to believe they won’t repeat as conference champs. However under Lanning I don’t expect Oregon to show up with their tail between their legs behind a coach claiming “Smashmouth football” during the pre-game interview.

I just don’t think they are that good. I’m not convinced they even with the South. I hate to use injuries as an excuse, but the team that played at tOSU wasn’t the same team that got beat down by Utah and OU. CJ had single handily beaten Utah before, and he wasn’t around. And our game plan looked like the coaches didn’t even watch the film.
Oregon ran the same archaic lame offensive gameplan all season long, tOSU’s defense was just so bad they couldn’t stop the most basic throw for a QB, to the RB on the flats. By the time Oregon played Utah they knew what Mario and AB were going to do. Oregon didn’t beat tOSU because they were better, they won because tOSU’s defense was incredibly undisciplined. Reality is if they played again later in the season Bucks would’ve won 48-10. Mario’s offensive gameplan and philosophy were that bad, which were overshadowed in 2019 by an elite QB, defense, and Oline, and a lot of luck to win plenty of games they had no right winning, such as against tOSU and Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl (and multiple games last year). If Mario’s luck runs out in Miami and if he doesn’t adapt to the times he will be fired almost as quickly as Slick Willie.

All that to say, you’re right, Utah is good but not great, probably will be the best team but not by much, but what I was trying to say is I don’t see a reason to pick anyone else besides Utah but when Utah plays Oregon they’ll have to face a real coaching staff with a real offensive and defensive philosophy and USC won’t be a slouch under Helton anymore either. They benefited last year from the coaching disasters at USC and Oregon.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I remember the good old days of the Pac 10 when you needed a SR QB to win the conference.

Our biggest variable right now is what we get from the QB position and this offense as we haven't seen either. I feel very confident in our Defense in Year 1 to be the best in the league with who we've got so if Bo Nix (or TT/JB) can move the ball through the air and score points I like our chances of making it to the P12CG.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Mullens and UW ad both skipped the media day. Hmmm
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Mullens and UW ad both skipped the media day. Hmmm
Lanning, Forsyth and DJ Johnson are there but its clear watching this the Conference is over. Nothing he has said so far moves the needle - at all and the little tangent about treating USC and UCLA with respect is just pointless. f*** LA they just ruined your job George, stop acting like they'll come back.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This is atrocious; its all "I want to go back to the way things used to be" rather than acknowledging the times have changed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »