Does anyone miss Aaron Feld, fill the sleeves coach?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck92
Two Star Recruit

Does anyone miss Aaron Feld, fill the sleeves coach?

Post by duck92 »

It seems like Lanning and company have a far different approach to s and c than Mario and company did. We now have a speed coach and our new s and c coach has a more modern approach. I'm guessing this will mean fewer injuries and better conditioning. Only time will tell.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Does anyone miss Aaron Feld, fill the sleeves coach?

Post by squintsdd »

With as many injuries as Oregon has had, I'm surprised feld stayed for as long as he did
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I heard from someone with an inside source he was more focused on glamor muscles than football muscles, and also more focused on his social media success than Oregon’s football success. Also heard that players started to get tired of his antics which they initially liked. We’ll see what happens with Feld’s career but I have a feeling unless he gets a little more serious he won’t be as successful.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I heard from someone with an inside source he was more focused on glamor muscles than football muscles, and also more focused on his social media success than Oregon’s football success. Also heard that players started to get tired of his antics which they initially liked. We’ll see what happens with Feld’s career but I have a feeling unless he gets a little more serious he won’t be as successful.
This is an interesting take because I started to wonder if he was not wearing thin with the players and other coaches (asst football coaches) at various points. Couple of times I observed him on the sidelines and it appeared a couple of the assistants totally ignored him.

He also had one job on game day and that was too keep MC from exploding. Did you notice how he was never more than a couple of feet away from Mario?

Not to open Pandora's box here but a friend of mine who played at UO several years ago postulated that Feld's training regimen was the reason for so many injuries. Fact or fiction, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

lmduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I heard from someone with an inside source he was more focused on glamor muscles than football muscles, and also more focused on his social media success than Oregon’s football success. Also heard that players started to get tired of his antics which they initially liked. We’ll see what happens with Feld’s career but I have a feeling unless he gets a little more serious he won’t be as successful.
This is an interesting take because I started to wonder if he was not wearing thin with the players and other coaches (asst football coaches) at various points. Couple of times I observed him on the sidelines and it appeared a couple of the assistants totally ignored him.

He also had one job on game day and that was too keep MC from exploding. Did you notice how he was never more than a couple of feet away from Mario?

Not to open Pandora's box here but a friend of mine who played at UO several years ago postulated that Feld's training regimen was the reason for so many injuries. Fact or fiction, I don't know.

If injuries explode in Miami over the next couple years and they tamp down here, we will have our answer.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:

I guess you can blame Feld for injuries, but I remember a lot of years full of injuries with Radcliffe. I think a lot of factors go into injuries, and not just who the weight coach is.

I’m not standing up for Feld at all, but we have had some seasons go down the toilet because of injuries long before he showed up.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Feld was great at half of the job...as the name says, Strength & conditioning, he was great at strength. Our guys got noticeably bigger when he was here. You can't really deny that.

That being said, it's come out that he had all of the players doing the exact same training regimen. So our QBs and Punters are doing the same thing as our OL and DL. I think focusing a bit more on focused position groups and speed and agility (conditioning) in addition to the strength will be very helpful for the squad moving forward.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think Feld was great at half of the job...as the name says, Strength & conditioning, he was great at strength. Our guys got noticeably bigger when he was here. You can't really deny that.

That being said, it's come out that he had all of the players doing the exact same training regimen. So our QBs and Punters are doing the same thing as our OL and DL. I think focusing a bit more on focused position groups and speed and agility (conditioning) in addition to the strength will be very helpful for the squad moving forward.
I’d be interested to know the specifics of that training regimen. A general strength training program using the main compound lifts (squat, deadlift/power clean, bench, press) is going to make everyone stronger and more athletic. If he had everyone doing that, plus position specific stuff then that would make more sense. Even if he didn’t, it’s still better than all the functional training garbage that so many of these guys employ.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lmduck wrote:

I guess you can blame Feld for injuries, but I remember a lot of years full of injuries with Radcliffe. I think a lot of factors go into injuries, and not just who the weight coach is.

I’m not standing up for Feld at all, but we have had some seasons go down the toilet because of injuries long before he showed up.
Agree and Radcliffe had his detractors and supporters too. My friend just felt it seemed more common with Feld. And my friend totally thought he (Feld) spend too much time cultivating his twitter/instagram image.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I think Feld was great at half of the job...as the name says, Strength & conditioning, he was great at strength. Our guys got noticeably bigger when he was here. You can't really deny that.

I’d be interested to know the specifics of that training regimen. A general strength training program using the main compound lifts (squat, deadlift/power clean, bench, press) is going to make everyone stronger and more athletic. If he had everyone doing that, plus position specific stuff then that would make more sense. Even if he didn’t, it’s still better than all the functional training garbage that so many of these guys employ.
That’s exactly what he did.