EWU @ Oregon (Sept. 10, Sat 5:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: EWU @ Oregon (Sept. 10, Sat 5:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:felt like the first half offense vs. Georgia was better than our offense this game.
Biggest difference in how the 2 defenses played us was that UGA was comfortable keeping guys back and flying to the ball so everything was contained, EWU tried to crash every first option and it set them up to get burned from missed tackles and not having anyone back.

If we're in 11 personnel and BYU is running showing a 3-2 front with the Safeties creeping we've got to be able to run on them inside and watching Baylor I think Irving can do that against them.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I’m not worried about running the ball on anyone we play this year. Our running game will
Only get better and better every week, and honestly we ran well at UGA. We need Nix to cut out the 1-2 really bad decisions a game.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:I’m not worried about running the ball on anyone we play this year. Our running game will
Only get better and better every week, and honestly we ran well at UGA. We need Nix to cut out the 1-2 really bad decisions a game.
He wouldn’t be Nix if he didn’t Nix

(but he’s still a much better option right now than TT if we want a chance to win)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Duck07 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Loved the O tonight. Only criticism, is there were few passes to receivers beyond 15 yards. After two games, I’d have expected more vertical throws. Still can’t get separation, against EWU? Didn’t need to, but still, take a few shots every game.
Again, this focus on getting separation is just dumb.
Absurdity. Do you ever listen to NFL coaches, and what is something that makes a massive difference in today’s game, being WR separation? Keep pretending if the Ducks can’t get past the second level, that is ok. Just dumb is thinking speed/elusiveness means nothing.
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

I really liked watching Whittington run, I know that Irving or Cardwell may feature more, but I like seeing Whittington’s one cut and go style running. And the kid from Hawaii was a fun addition to watch also (I don’t wanna butcher his name), I hope he gets more touches.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Absurdity. Do you ever listen to NFL coaches, and what is something that makes a massive difference in today’s game, being WR separation? Keep pretending if the Ducks can’t get past the second level, that is ok. Just dumb is thinking speed/elusiveness means nothing.
At this point in our season and what our offense has shown, your worry is absurd because it clearly isn't the type of offense we're running right now.

So keep making stuff up about what i've said if you want to but you should try to at least make it about what the Coaches are doing on the field and not what you want them to do.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OfaFeather wrote:I really liked watching Whittington run, I know that Irving or Cardwell may feature more, but I like seeing Whittington’s one cut and go style running. And the kid from Hawaii was a fun addition to watch also (I don’t wanna butcher his name), I hope he gets more touches.
Honestly, I feel like Cardwell should be getting more carries. Our running game still seems very weak to me. But time will tell.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

OfaFeather wrote:I really liked watching Whittington run, I know that Irving or Cardwell may feature more, but I like seeing Whittington’s one cut and go style running. And the kid from Hawaii was a fun addition to watch also (I don’t wanna butcher his name), I hope he gets more touches.
Haasenritter looked, to my admittedly untutored eyes, very good. Quick feet, good vision that allowed him to see where the openings would be.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Weston wrote:
Haasenritter looked, to my admittedly untutored eyes, very good. Quick feet, good vision that allowed him to see where the openings would be.

Vs backups on a team full of guys who had zero D1 scholarships.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Weston wrote:

Well I don't think we've had a RB5 look as good since Andiel Brown!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Honestly, I feel like Cardwell should be getting more carries. Our running game still seems very weak to me. But time will tell.
Well he's been consistent in yards per carry so far in his young career.
All games . 6.8
Georgia.... 7.0
EWU ....... 6.9
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Weston wrote:

Well I don't think we've had a RB5 look as good since Andiel Brown!

Or since James last week. I liked watching the walk on play, but I’d rather have seen James play and get a bunch of experience. To bad he was hurt.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Absurdity. Do you ever listen to NFL coaches, and what is something that makes a massive difference in today’s game, being WR separation? Keep pretending if the Ducks can’t get past the second level, that is ok. Just dumb is thinking speed/elusiveness means nothing.
At this point in our season and what our offense has shown, your worry is absurd because it clearly isn't the type of offense we're running right now.

So keep making stuff up about what i've said if you want to but you should try to at least make it about what the Coaches are doing on the field and not what you want them to do.
Is there anyone you will not attack for posting an opinion on the boards? You seriously need to relax, take a valium. Its ok if someone has a different opinion than you.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Is there anyone you will not attack for posting an opinion on the boards? You seriously need to relax, take a valium. Its ok if someone has a different opinion than you.
It's a board, we banter about what other people say. 2 weeks in a row people are concerned about this and I've stated why I disagree. Do you have a good rebuttal to my argument or do you care to get into a pedantic semantics argument?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Well he's been consistent in yards per carry so far in his young career.
All games . 6.8
Georgia.... 7.0
EWU ....... 6.9
Interesting^

Feels like RB coaches favors guys that he knows and fit his style. Seems like Cardwell is getting underutilized.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13