EWU @ Oregon (Sept. 10, Sat 5:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: EWU @ Oregon (Sept. 10, Sat 5:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
OfaFeather wrote:I really liked watching Whittington run, I know that Irving or Cardwell may feature more, but I like seeing Whittington’s one cut and go style running. And the kid from Hawaii was a fun addition to watch also (I don’t wanna butcher his name), I hope he gets more touches.
Honestly, I feel like Cardwell should be getting more carries. Our running game still seems very weak to me. But time will tell.
Well he's been consistent in yards per carry so far in his young career.
All games . 6.8
Georgia.... 7.0
EWU ....... 6.9
Interesting^

Feels like RB coaches favors guys that he knows and fit his style. Seems like Cardwell is getting underutilized.
I was hesitant to say anything, I I was wondering about why Whittington was getting the start, I simply have not been overly impressed by him. I am familiar with Cardwell, so was thinking that may be some of my bias but couldn’t get pass the fact Whittington followed his RB coach to Oregon. Feels better knowing I am not the only one with this thought.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Alan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
OfaFeather wrote:I really liked watching Whittington run, I know that Irving or Cardwell may feature more, but I like seeing Whittington’s one cut and go style running. And the kid from Hawaii was a fun addition to watch also (I don’t wanna butcher his name), I hope he gets more touches.
Honestly, I feel like Cardwell should be getting more carries. Our running game still seems very weak to me. But time will tell.
Well he's been consistent in yards per carry so far in his young career.
All games . 6.8
Georgia.... 7.0
EWU ....... 6.9
Interesting^

Feels like RB coaches favors guys that he knows and fit his style. Seems like Cardwell is getting underutilized.
I was hesitant to say anything, I I was wondering about why Whittington was getting the start, I simply have not been overly impressed by him. I am familiar with Cardwell, so was thinking that may be some of my bias but couldn’t get pass the fact Whittington followed his RB coach to Oregon. Feels better knowing I am not the only one with this thought.
Not sure if it's worth putting much stock in who starts. That could be simply dictated by the type of plays they are trying to run. Cardwell has more touches than Whittington, and it seems at least early on, that they are just getting everyone equal time out there. Cardwell is only behind Dollars in touches to this point. Honestly, I felt it hard to really define rotations in the EWU game, because it seemed to me like they were treating it like a Spring game. They were just rotating guys around, using different punt returners, etc. Maybe they better define the rotations as conference play starts, or perhaps they like all of the RBs and don't see one that obviously separates himself from the pack, so they find it best to keep them fresh. RB is probably the most interchangeable spot in football, so I don't worry too much about what's going on there.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I’m curious to see how the RB situation plays out. I like Cardwell the most but Dollars and Irving are also playing really well. All 3 are averaging >6.7 ypc.

If I remember right the Norvell/Dillingham offense likes to spread the ball around as much as possible so it may not change. Either way, I much prefer this staff’s willingness to use the available talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I’m curious to see how the RB situation plays out. I like Cardwell the most but Dollars and Irving are also playing really well. All 3 are averaging >6.7 ypc.

If I remember right the Norvell/Dillingham offense likes to spread the ball around as much as possible so it may not change. Either way, I much prefer this staff’s willingness to use the available talent.

In interviews with Lanning and Dillingham they have both said they
will use up to 4-5 rbs per game. They want fresh rb late in the game
when opponents defense is getting tired.. So their rotation may be all over the
place im thinking not worried tho
chapelhillduck
Senior

EWU @ Oregon (Sept. 10, Sat 5:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by chapelhillduck »

duckfan22 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:I’m curious to see how the RB situation plays out. I like Cardwell the most but Dollars and Irving are also playing really well. All 3 are averaging >6.7 ypc.

In interviews with Lanning and Dillingham they have both said they
will use up to 4-5 rbs per game. They want fresh rb late in the game
when opponents defense is getting tired.. So their rotation may be all over the
place im thinking not worried tho
We’ve got four backs that could be an adequate main guy right now IMO…plus James has looked good too

We’re OK, and it’s gonna pay off when one or more inevitably get dinged up