EWU @ Oregon (Sept. 10, Sat 5:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: EWU @ Oregon (Sept. 10, Sat 5:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Well that was a lot of fun. Took Lanning 2 games to hit 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Well that was a lot of fun. Took Lanning 2 games to hit 70.

I didn't like the play-design during a few of the early series as I thought once we started going straight at EWU we were more successful but what Dillingham is doing with the offense is so much better than what Cristobal was/is doing with it.

And look at us bitching about RB depth in the game thread.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Loved the O tonight. Only criticism, is there were few passes to receivers beyond 15 yards. After two games, I’d have expected more vertical throws. Still can’t get separation, against EWU? Didn’t need to, but still, take a few shots every game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Well that was a lot of fun. Took Lanning 2 games to hit 70.

I didn't like the play-design during a few of the early series as I thought once we started going straight at EWU we were more successful but what Dillingham is doing with the offense is so much better than what Cristobal was/is doing with it.

And look at us bitching about RB depth in the game thread.
Totally agree. Have you heard QB11’s interview with Dillingham? I listened to it this past week and was really encouraged about our offense. Unlike Cristobal and co, he’s not tied to a specific philosophy or mantra. He and Lanning are simply after what works.

They get fairly deep into the Xs & Os but it was his pragmatic mindset that most excited me.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Loved the O tonight. Only criticism, is there were few passes to receivers beyond 15 yards. After two games, I’d have expected more vertical throws. Still can’t get separation, against EWU? Didn’t need to, but still, take a few shots every game.
Again, this focus on getting separation is just dumb.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

any link to extended highlights?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:any link to extended highlights?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

alxtw wrote:Its great that lanning put in a new QB in the third quarter after we have almost no chance of losing.

CMC would have put in a new quarterback near the end of a blow out game in the fourth and only allow him to hand off to the RB for running plays.
Well he was an idiot, so there’s that… :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Loved the O tonight. Only criticism, is there were few passes to receivers beyond 15 yards. After two games, I’d have expected more vertical throws. Still can’t get separation, against EWU? Didn’t need to, but still, take a few shots every game.
Exactly, if you have big tall receivers that can go up and get the ball at its peak you don’t need stinking separation. Some people just heard that word one time and think it’s a catchall for everything. Don’t forget there’s a thing called back shoulder throw as well.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Exactly, if you have big tall receivers that can go up and get the ball at its peak you don’t need stinking separation. Some people just heard that word one time and think it’s a catchall for everything. Don’t forget there’s a thing called back shoulder throw as well.
My biggest beef is just that it isn't where our offensive scheme/play-calling are focused and it puts an undue level of expectation on the WRs rather than judging them by what they are asked to do. They have to be running crisp routes for a quick passing game to work and so far they have. I'd also add that some of these routes are going to set-up other plays in the future and we'll see those deep shots come but it made no sense to show that against EWU in week 2.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

JJinLebanon wrote:If Nix struggles in the 1st half against BYU, will we get to see TT take over? Could be a season defining moment.
Nope, TT still isn't processing things as quickly as Nix does. His triple pump on the 2nd/3rd drive was a very composed QB and nothing about TT's drives suggested he's on that level yet.

The absurdity of the cheers for TT last night was pretty comical after Nix had a career day passing.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Am I missing something? The WR’s seemed to get separation just fine, felt like they were open all night.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

There’s two things a portion of every fan base wants more than anything: to see the deep ball and the backup QB.

You could be winning titles every year but if you aren’t airing it out and benching the starting QB that portion of the fan base will be totally unsatisfied.

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

felt like the first half offense vs. Georgia was better than our offense this game.