#12 BYU @ #25 Oregon (Sept. 17, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

#12 BYU @ #25 Oregon (Sept. 17, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Post by greenyellow »

2-0 BYU vs 1-1 Oregon
dthomas=ddixon

Re: #12 BYU @ #25 Oregon (Sept. 17, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I always root against BYU but them winning last night gives us a great chance at redemption. The EWU win was very encouraging but this game should give us a better indication of how the rest of this season will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

TBF I wonder what will happen if we somehow win the rest of our games, I doubt we qualify for the playoffs if that happens but seriously, that would be cool, also I'm now wishing we played Bama instead of UGA, the fact the Tide almosst lost to Texas made me want UO vs Bama even more.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

First games of the season are always so weird. If we beat a legit BYU team after ranksacking EWU, then the Ducks might just be worthy of a top-15 ranking, and that horrific thing we saw in Atlanta might have actually been a fluke. If we win out, and won the conference title with a win over USC or Utah, we'd have to be in the playoff.

Do I think that's going to happen? No. I still don't think we can get through the Pac-12 undefeated (let alone win the title game) with a dink-and-dunk offense and a good-but-not-great defense.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon opens as 6.5 point favorite against BYU.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m usually very pessimistic but I’m feeling confident in this game. I think we’ll see a fired up and disciplined Oregon team. Maybe I’m biased but I do believe Oregon has better players/talent and if they play a clean and good game will win. I do think it’ll high scoring as I believe their passing game be the biggest hurdle for Oregon to overcome. Their defense doesn’t look too good and honestly Baylor is nowhere near the top 10 with their incredibly one dimensional offense. BYU’s defense is fundamentally sound but I thought they looked pretty slow, Oregon has enough speed to score some points. I think it’ll be 45-38, assuming BYU’s WR corps is healthy.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm also hoping that maybe this is the game when Oregon opens up its passing attack. I know Nix doesn't have much of an intermediate passing game, but during the spring game he seemed to show the ability to throw the ball deep with pretty good accuracy. I imagine we were keeping things vanilla against EWU, and he had that one deep ball against UGA when he underthrew slightly and the DB made a spectacular play. I'm really hoping there's more to our deep threat that we haven't seen. I also recall either Lanning or Dilingham saying before the season that we wanted to be an offense that dinked/dunked but also took big shots.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon opens as 6.5 point favorite against BYU.
Beating BYU may be a serious undertaking. They not only beat a ranked Baylor team, but they did it on the road and without their top two receivers. One or both of those guys may be back to play against the Ducks. You can be sure they won't be intimidated by playing at Autzen.

I really hope the Ducks play their "A" game.
John 3:36
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I think winning by so much over EWU is probably not going to do us any favors here. I think they blew a lot of opportunities and the game shouldn't have been as big of a blowout as it was. I really hope to see something more out of our defensive front.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

karlhungis wrote:I think winning by so much over EWU is probably not going to do us any favors here. I think they blew a lot of opportunities and the game shouldn't have been as big of a blowout as it was. I really hope to see something more out of our defensive front.
Who blew opportunities? Just wondering if you watched the game. Not in any way trying to be snarky but this post is confusing. Did you think EWU might mount a comeback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

SuperDuck wrote:
Beating BYU may be a serious undertaking. They not only beat a ranked Baylor team, but they did it on the road and without their top two receivers. One or both of those guys may be back to play against the Ducks. You can be sure they won't be intimidated by playing at Autzen.

I agree, but BYU was at home against Baylor.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

BYU was down their two best receivers so we’ll see how healthy they are Saturday.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:I think winning by so much over EWU is probably not going to do us any favors here. I think they blew a lot of opportunities and the game shouldn't have been as big of a blowout as it was. I really hope to see something more out of our defensive front.
Who blew opportunities? Just wondering if you watched the game. Not in any way trying to be snarky but this post is confusing. Did you think EWU might mount a comeback?
EWU did. They had several drives where just terrible throws on 3rd downs got us off the field early in the game.

I think we need to be scoring in the 30s to win this game and have our Defense keep improving.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

SuperDuck wrote:

What? So all those people in Blue traveled to and took over Waco? Pretty sure it was at BYU.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Oregon by three TDs - optimistically. They are a rhythm team, if we win I think it’s comfortably. I don’t think BYU can inflict nearly as much pressure against our OL as they did against Baylor. If that game is in Waco it’s a loss for them.

I’ll have to get the exact number, but since 1995 when mustache took over they’re ~ 59-2 at home in non-conference games. Only Indiana 2004 and Boise State 2008 came away with wins. Both of those were BS games, fluke fumbles in one, dirty BSU defense in the other.