#12 BYU @ #25 Oregon (Sept. 17, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: #12 BYU @ #25 Oregon (Sept. 17, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Post by rockthief »

Where was Cardwell?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rockthief wrote:Where was Cardwell?
Injured along with Flowe. From the snippet given it didn't sound serious. We didn't rotate the backs much this game like previously.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Start the countdown until Dillingham gets a HC offer. Our offense is legit.
Yep, loved the play calling. It's been a while since we had aggressive, creative play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Get Thompson out of there.

I watched on DVR, and thought bringing Thompson in would let him build his confidence. It didn't last long, I'd hoped he would play with more confidence.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Great game. Needed that one for the soul.

Not going to get overly excited about "Good Nix" because you know "Bad Nix" is just waiting in the shadows. But he played a great game, and Thompson still has a long way to go (not because the interception was a bad pass, but the offense just seemed to turn from Ferrari to old beater when he came in).

Seeing the defense play fundamentally sound was great. Didn't need any heroes. Just guys getting off their blocks and playing sound.

Bridges is terrible and Manning is terrible but fast. Sort of amazed Dickerson or others haven't taken their snaps, which is disappointing.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Defense looked awesome. There was one time BYU ran up the middle on 4th and 1 and it looked like BYU was running on an SEC defense. The coverage was the best I've ever seen from Oregon. I also liked that Lanning will basically turn into Chip Kelly if he has momentum on his side and go into a crazy up-tempo offense where he is jumping around.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

UW is giving MSU the bidness!

Great day for the Pac (10).
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Oregon by three TDs - optimistically. They are a rhythm team, if we win I think it’s comfortably. I don’t think BYU can inflict nearly as much pressure against our OL as they did against Baylor. If that game is in Waco it’s a loss for them.

I’ll have to get the exact number, but since 1995 when mustache took over they’re ~ 59-2 at home in non-conference games. Only Indiana 2004 and Boise State 2008 came away with wins. Both of those were BS games, fluke fumbles in one, dirty BSU defense in the other.
There you go, three TDs. Experienced OL, even with injuries, doesn’t allow a sack and Nix is able to get the ball to his playmakers. BYU’s defense can’t blow up the LOS and get in the backfield on running plays, Oregon stays ahead of the sticks. Credit for breaking their tackles by the RBs.

Defense: solid tackling, excited to be there type of hustle. Good stuff from Dorlus, Gonzalez, LaDuke, DJ Johnson, Keith Brown.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Great game. Needed that one for the soul.

Not going to get overly excited about "Good Nix" because you know "Bad Nix" is just waiting in the shadows. But he played a great game, and Thompson still has a long way to go (not because the interception was a bad pass, but the offense just seemed to turn from Ferrari to old beater when he came in).

Seeing the defense play fundamentally sound was great. Didn't need any heroes. Just guys getting off their blocks and playing sound.

Bridges is terrible and Manning is terrible but fast. Sort of amazed Dickerson or others haven't taken their snaps, which is disappointing.

3 games in, and I haven’t seen this “bad Nix” people like to push. Sure he made a bad throw, 1 bad throw vs UGA. But every single qb does that. I think th real issues he had was bad coaching by Harsin. But Auburn people decided it was nix. Is Van Dyke suddenly bad because he is getting bad coaching? If he decided to transfer to UO we would take him with open arms, knowing Dilly would coach him up.
UofDuck
Senior

#12 BYU @ #25 Oregon (Sept. 17, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Post by UofDuck »

Nix was SEC freshman of the year. Let that sink in. In a league loaded with NFL talent. He has the ability. For the sakes of both him and Oregon, maybe he can finally realize his potential here.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Apparently there was a 'F the Mormons' chant coming from the Student section and now the Cougars are all offended (because Duke VB claimed someone yelled a racial slur a few weeks back).
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:Great win for the team. I think this shows they're much better than what they showed against UGA. Still concerned about WSU with Oregon's coverage issues.
WSU is going to throw for 400+ yards and about 4 TD's if we keep playing pass D like we have so far...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Great win for the team. I think this shows they're much better than what they showed against UGA. Still concerned about WSU with Oregon's coverage issues.
WSU is going to throw for 400+ yards and about 4 TD's if we keep playing pass D like we have so far...

I’d wager you haven’t watched WSU play then. WSU isn’t WSU 5 years ago. They have a blah QB, who I really hope throws it 40 times.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:Apparently there was a 'F the Mormons' chant coming from the Student section and now the Cougars are all offended (because Duke VB claimed someone yelled a racial slur a few weeks back).
Lets see the video. While its possible its also doubtful. We have no rivalry with BYU. Now all bets are off if its Washington, then I actually expect it.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

QuackininBama wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Apparently there was a 'F the Mormons' chant coming from the Student section and now the Cougars are all offended (because Duke VB claimed someone yelled a racial slur a few weeks back).
Lets see the video. While its possible its also doubtful. We have no rivalry with BYU. Now all bets are off if its Washington, then I actually expect it.
The video is out there. It's not pretty. It is a bit of a double standard though after what they did at the volleyball match.