#15 Oregon @ Washington State (Sept. 24, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: #15 Oregon @ Washington State (Sept. 24, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Post by duck023 »

SuperDuck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:Ward looked like he passed the LOS when he threw it...
I thought so, too!!!
I thought the same thing. Also, on that one long pass play I'm pretty sure that WR that caught ball ran before the snap which is why the defender was so out of position.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Still can't believe Oregon won that game. I really thought the game was over once WSU got up 12 points in the 4th. Glad they proved a lot of people wrong.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I am looking forward to Lanning’s post game presser, I know he will not be happy but curious how the young coach comes out in such a poor preformance.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Oregon still has not allowed a sack this season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:Oregon still has not allowed a sack this season.
With the teams they've played so far, I doubt anyone saw that coming. Everyone knew our OL would be good but not this good to start the season, especially with a new staff and new concepts. Just shows what an experienced OL is really capable of.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

greenyellow wrote:Still can't believe Oregon won that game. I really thought the game was over once WSU got up 12 points in the 4th. Glad they proved a lot of people wrong.
They got up by 12 twice if I'm not mistaken. It was the 2nd time it was a 12 point lead is when I was worried that time was going to run out. In 2015 Oregon got off to an awful start but then started beating up WSU in the 2nd half but the time ran out.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Alan wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Say what you want about Bo, but his experience is the reason the ducks won that game. Gritty finish
I think Bo is the best transfer QB we have maybe ever had.
If Vernon Adams doesn't break his finger, he's a Heisman finalist.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Say what you want about Bo, but his experience is the reason the ducks won that game. Gritty finish
Not to mention a potential CFP contender, even with a very iffy defense that was basically just DeFo destroying OLs and QBs.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

duck023 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
I thought so, too!!!
I thought the same thing. Also, on that one long pass play I'm pretty sure that WR that caught ball ran before the snap which is why the defender was so out of position.
I think the one where the WR got the jump on the defense was actually a trick play, not a false start. Almost everyone looked to the sideline for a fake call that wasn't coming in, center snaps the ball and then QB throws to a WR who should be open on the opposite side of the field from their sideline.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

pdxduck2013 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
I thought so, too!!!
I think the one where the WR got the jump on the defense was actually a trick play, not a false start. Almost everyone looked to the sideline for a fake call that wasn't coming in, center snaps the ball and then QB throws to a WR who should be open on the opposite side of the field from their sideline.
No it was late in the game and the WSU QB scrambled and completed a long pass down to the half yard line. My question is his front leg clearly was over the LOS but was the ball? It should have been reviewed….. but hey this group of refs lost track of the downs and wsu ran.a play then punted and then got the ball back to try it again… “you had one job to do! Count to four.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:
Not to mention a potential CFP contender, even with a very iffy defense that was basically just DeFo destroying OLs and QBs.

Part of my posting was because of my surprise of the way the Ducks won and I do believe Bo is probably the best transfer QB we have had, with the exception of Smith (I did not realize he was a transfer). Also, with my apologies, a little bait. A few years ago there was a debate on how good VA really was, I still don’t see it and I can respect others opinion on VA……. With that said we are in the short era of Bo, lol.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Alan wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
I thought so, too!!!
No it was late in the game and the WSU QB scrambled and completed a long pass down to the half yard line. My question is his front leg clearly was over the LOS but was the ball? It should have been reviewed….. but hey this group of refs lost track of the downs and wsu ran.a play then punted and then got the ball back to try it again… “you had one job to do! Count to four.
We know what you are talking about. The last hail mary play from WSU looked like an illegal forward pass. I just had to mention the other play earlier in the game that looked like a false start. A lot of people are saying it was a weird trick play that involved the sideline but I'm pretty sure the WR took off running before the ball was snapped.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:We know what you are talking about. The last hail mary play from WSU looked like an illegal forward pass. I just had to mention the other play earlier in the game that looked like a false start. A lot of people are saying it was a weird trick play that involved the sideline but I'm pretty sure the WR took off running before the ball was snapped.
It's a trick play in that it was a feint by the offense, similar to when the QB will walk to the sideline talking to the HC and the Center direct snaps to a RB.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote: Part of my posting was because of my surprise of the way the Ducks won and I do believe Bo is probably the best transfer QB we have had, with the exception of Smith (I did not realize he was a transfer). Also, with my apologies, a little bait. A few years ago there was a debate on how good VA really was, I still don’t see it and I can respect others opinion on VA……. With that said we are in the short era of Bo, lol.
VA was the 2nd best of the Kelly/Helfrich QBs. Only Marcus would have exceeded what VA did with that roster and if you take his numbers in the 10 games he played, his QB rating blows Justin out of the water. If you extrapolate the stats of 10 games out to 13/14 for Justin's last 2 years, he beats him on yards and tds by a good margin too. (Heavy dose of Helfrich actually ran a real passing offense vs whatever the f that squirt gun pistol offense was)

There are very few QBs of the last 20 years for Oregon who I would take over VA. If you were to hypothetically drop Dixon or VA into a random Oregon offense of the last 20 years I'm absolutely choosing VA.

As it relates to Bo Nix, I hope he stays healthy and leads the team to a better season with a better bowl result. In that regard its still very much possible he has one of the best seasons ever for a transfer QB even if individually he isn't the most talented.