Week 4 CFB Discussion

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Week 4 CFB Discussion

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Watching Stanford vs Washington cause I don’t have the PAC-12 network to watch USC vs Beavs, Shaw and Stanford is a mess, they have no identity and the world’s slowest OLine. Stanford gave up 4 sacks on their first drive and their defense is slow and lost. Oregon should win this one handily if they show up and play a good game.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Arkansas and Texas A&M should both be unranked. Garbage teams playing close because they're both garbage. Don't know how Arky got by Cincy in week one, but then again, it's week one.

Kansas State about to give Venables his first loss as a coach. KSU is definitely one of those programs not named Oregon that I love rooting for.

Wyoming beating BYU 10-7 right now. I'm sure WYO is tough, but BYU needs to win this. Their Baylor win is looking good.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Beavs defense is what I thought Oregon’s defense would look like this season, extremely impressive!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

StevensTechU wrote:Arkansas and Texas A&M should both be unranked. Garbage teams playing close because they're both garbage. Don't know how Arky got by Cincy in week one, but then again, it's week one.

Kansas State about to give Venables his first loss as a coach. KSU is definitely one of those programs not named Oregon that I love rooting for.

Wyoming beating BYU 10-7 right now. I'm sure WYO is tough, but BYU needs to win this. Their Baylor win is looking good.
That game was the SEC eco-system in its purest form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Beavs need to bench Nolan, he was a huge liability and the sole reason Beavs lost today. Defense played lights out and Nolan threw the game away. Not sure what happened to him but he’s struggled this season and it’s time for Smith to put in a new QB.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Beavs need to bench Nolan, he was a huge liability and the sole reason Beavs lost today. Defense played lights out and Nolan threw the game away. Not sure what happened to him but he’s struggled this season and it’s time for Smith to put in a new QB.
4 int
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The problem for the beavs is they have nothing good behind Nolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Back to Stanford @ Washington after Beavs lose, and my biggest takeaway is that Nix and Oregon’s elite WR group should light up both teams.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Back to Stanford @ Washington after Beavs lose, and my biggest takeaway is that Nix and Oregon’s elite WR group should light up both teams.
One of my takeaways is that I'd take the linebackers and secondary of a lot of pac-12 teams over ours right now. Watching the beavers secondary getting so many hands on passes was fun to watch.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Back to Stanford @ Washington after Beavs lose, and my biggest takeaway is that Nix and Oregon’s elite WR group should light up both teams.
One of my takeaways is that I'd take the linebackers and secondary of a lot of pac-12 teams over ours right now. Watching the beavers secondary getting so many hands on passes was fun to watch.
Absolutely I agree, I thought we’d have the best LB’s in the conference and they’re far from that.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

After that UW/Stanford game, I'm wondering why FS1 chose the Oregon/Stanford game because it might be over real quick. Guess it just shows just how well they think Oregon will draw for that awful timeslot.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Bridges is going to continue to be picked on. Our rush defense is becoming elite.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Boise State loses to UTEP 10-27 last night, is Avalos’s seat getting warm at all?
Well he fired his OC and hired Kooter. So something had to be said to him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UofDuck wrote:Bridges is going to continue to be picked on. Our rush defense is becoming elite.

If we can generate a pass rush, it would really help with the pass D.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Boise State loses to UTEP 10-27 last night, is Avalos’s seat getting warm at all?
Well he fired his OC and hired Kooter. So something had to be said to him.
Everyone has success at Boise. It and UCF might be the best launch pads to big jobs there are. Not great if you struggle to win there.