Stanford @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 1, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Stanford @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 1, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Post by squintsdd »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
squintsdd wrote:It's good to see that the games are just getting later now, especially for east coast viewers.
Cant tell if your being sarcastic but this sucks for east coast fans like myself
Definitely sarcasm
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

QuackininBama wrote:
squintsdd wrote:It's good to see that the games are just getting later now, especially for east coast viewers.
Yea, lets just translate to, "Sure glad NO ONE is going to watch these games outside of the west coast anymore". You do realize no one on the east coast stay up to 1:00am to watch Pac-12 games right?
You do realize that was sarcasm right?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It does concern me that DJ Johnson is out the first half. From a passing perspective, McKee is pretty good and they have big and tall receivers and tight ends (what else is new?), where Stanford’s offense struggles is they have an incredibly slow offensive line. They’re big and strong but have no lateral quickness. They gave up 8 sacks against Washington excluding two times McKee got hit and fumbled the ball, so it really was 10 sacks. On Stanford’s first drive alone they gave up 4 sacks. You can argue Washington has a good pass rush which they do, but even against a good pass rush that many sacks indicates a really bad pass protection. DJ is maybe our top pass rusher so having him out the first half will hurt. In addition while Stanford’s OLine struggles with pass protection McKee is a statue in the pocket, he has 0 elusiveness and once he’s hit he goes down, so that bodes well for our defense which has mightily struggled with tackling the QB.

Our offense shouldn’t have a problem with putting up points, Stanford’s defense is slow and just not that good. Not the worst defense out there but they’re just meh, easily the weakest defense on a FBS team they’ll have seen at this point in the season.

I think it’ll be a close game at halftime which will frustrate fans but the ducks will pull away in the 3rd quarter.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Our offense has shown that if you go two high safeties we’ll run all over you, and if you go one high like wazzu did we’ll get a bunch of explosion plays through the air… and still run on you. Teams like Furd are going to have to pick their poison and hang on for dear life.

Defensively our secondary is what it is; my hope is that Sewell and Flowe figure out whatever they’re struggling with and at least shore up the middle of our defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Our offense has shown that if you go two high safeties we’ll run all over you, and if you go one high like wazzu did we’ll get a bunch of explosion plays through the air… and still run on you. Teams like Furd are going to have to pick their poison and hang on for dear life.

Defensively our secondary is what it is; my hope is that Sewell and Flowe figure out whatever they’re struggling with and at least shore up the middle of our defense.

Honestly with Stanford’s OLine issues and McKee unable to move in the pocket Sewell and Flowe are probably better off blitzing all game and I don’t think they’d have a problem with that.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Our offense has shown that if you go two high safeties we’ll run all over you, and if you go one high like wazzu did we’ll get a bunch of explosion plays through the air… and still run on you. Teams like Furd are going to have to pick their poison and hang on for dear life.

More than 50% of the yards given up by Oregon's defense last game were because of poor tackling, poor pursuits, and poor breakdowns. All of that can be coached and fixed
Last edited by squintsdd on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I've got FUBO tv so I record the games and watch them when I wake up on Sunday. Glad I didn't watch that WSU game live, I might have thrown a remote through the big screen I just bought. I admit I did check the final score before I watched the game. If I would have seen we lost I probably wouldn't watch it for a few days. Hope we beat 'furd by about 28 points just to wash away all the bullshit taste in my mouth that the last few years has left after Stanford games/Pac-12 referees monkey business.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Duck07 wrote:
His backup, Casey Filkins, didn't do so bad in his absence last week against UW. 20 carries/100yds.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I believe Shaw predicted that when all was said and done, the duo of E.J. Smith and Filkins could go down as the best running back duo ever at Stanford.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

What is the over/under for the number of defensive pass interference penalties the Ducks get called against them this game?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

gogreen55 wrote:What is the over/under for the number of defensive pass interference penalties the Ducks get called against them this game?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks going green/green/yellow for their uniforms.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:Ducks going green/green/yellow for their uniforms.
Anyone think it seems like Oregon is sticking closer to the traditional color scheme this season?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!