Stanford @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 1, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Stanford @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 1, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is really going to have to clean up their penalties as that won't work on the road against Arizona next week.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

TT is not going to be our QB next year. He's just not. Pac-12 Refs are the worst in the country, period. Pretty obvious they were not going to let Oregon embarrass Stanford. What a joke. They let them play here in SEC land. Good win, lots of stuff to coach up from the video. Time to go on the road and tame the mildcats. Tough games coming...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

I haven’t watched second half yet…did the D not play well or did we start subbing early? Did not expect that final score after the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

chapelhillduck wrote:I haven’t watched second half yet…did the D not play well or did we start subbing early? Did not expect that final score after the first half.

A little of both.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

chapelhillduck wrote:I haven’t watched second half yet…did the D not play well or did we start subbing early? Did not expect that final score after the first half.

A little of both. Offense sputtered too.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

With these refs, is it any wonder why the conference won't exist 5 years from now? Oregon, UW, Stanford and Cal to the Big 10. Zona, ASU, Utah, and Colorado to Big 12. OSU and WSU to Mountain West. These refs can take pride in helping to ruin the conference. I hope they enjoy reffing the Big Sky Conference games for PSU at Hillsboro stadium after this s***.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Everythingsducky wrote:So, where are Flowe and Cardwell? Internal issues?

Injured. And just my opinion, Noah plays better when Flowe isn’t going playing.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Pretty nice that we can play so poorly and still trounce inferior teams. That was just such a typical night conference game... I want to rant about the refs but it’s yelling into the abyss. Nothing makes me want to leave the conference more than getting into conference play and realizing how inept our officials are, and how apathetic the conference is to the issue.

Nix seemed off, definitely the least accurate I’ve seen him so far. More than made up for it with his running though. Dude is a great athlete.

It was great to see our defense get to tee off a bit. Furd is weird offensively but they were able to move the ball on UW and USC. They really couldn’t do anything until we let our foot off the gas in the 2nd half. As much as I hate giving up late TDs it’s so important to be able to get the young guys run in actual game time. Something the previous staff could never do because of how close games were.

Obviously there’s a lot we can improve on but I’m trying not to take for granted that a first year coach already has us in such a great spot.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Pretty nice that we can play so poorly and still trounce inferior teams...

Obviously there’s a lot we can improve on but I’m trying not to take for granted that a first year coach already has us in such a great spot.
After 5 games I've got nothing but great things to say about the direction Lanning has the team, Dilly has the Offense and while the Defense isn't a Top 25 unit, I don't see anything that tells me there is some schematic issue that's going to prevent it from being a great unit in time.

That won't stop me from being nervous in a lot of our remaining games save Colorado, but for a 1st year HC navigating the West Coast for the first time in his life he's doing a tremendous job.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Pretty nice that we can play so poorly and still trounce inferior teams...

After 5 games I've got nothing but great things to say about the direction Lanning has the team, Dilly has the Offense and while the Defense isn't a Top 25 unit, I don't see anything that tells me there is some schematic issue that's going to prevent it from being a great unit in time.

That won't stop me from being nervous in a lot of our remaining games save Colorado, but for a 1st year HC navigating the West Coast for the first time in his life he's doing a tremendous job.

Agree. But one thing he did work for ASU as an assistant. So he has some knowledge of the pac 12 and west coast.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Pac 12 SP+ rankings (Overall-Off-Def-ST)
  • #9 Utah (19.9)________O-11th____D-24th_____ST-23rd
    #12 Oregon (17.8)_____O-9th_____D-45th_____ST-55th
    #16 UCLA (17.2)_______O-8th_____D-48th_____ST-75th
    #26 UW (13.5)________O-29th_____D-31st_____ST-33rd
    #27 USC (13.4)________O-13th____D-58th_____ST-120th (of 131)
    #47 OSU (7.3)________O-39th_____D-59th_____ST-111th
    #52 WSU (6.7)________O-74th_____D-29th_____ST-46th
    #62 ASU (4.1)________O-60th_____D-70th_____ST-13th
    #70 Cal (1.2)_________O-105th____D-28th_____ST-64th
    #79 Stan (-1.0)_______O-46th_____D-106th____ST-17th
    #96 Ariz (-7.4)_______O-82nd_____D-103rd____ST-114th
    #116 Colo (-13.8)_____O-113th____D-109th_____ST-31st
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

When TT is in the game the energy of the team dissipates it seems to me. He lacks energy to fuel his team mates. Then he makes those terrible reads. I do not see him leading this team positively.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:When TT is in the game the energy of the team dissipates it seems to me. He lacks energy to fuel his team mates. Then he makes those terrible reads. I do not see him leading this team positively.
Maybe I’m reading into things but I don’t get the feeling he has that fire and care you see from other backup QB’s, he doesn’t seem to really care when he throws a pick. Again maybe I’m wrong but I get the BJ Kelley vibe from him, has potential just lacks the fire and desire.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

rockthief wrote:When TT is in the game the energy of the team dissipates it seems to me. He lacks energy to fuel his team mates. Then he makes those terrible reads. I do not see him leading this team positively.

From the small sampling of what I've seen, TT looks confused and definitely locks on to his primary and that's it. Butterfield looks to be able to run this offense and make some throws as well. Past time for him to get some real time with the offense. I've said it before, TT and Butters will be in the portal if this QB depth chart continues. I'd be a little upset if I was Mr. Butterfield about not getting a chance given TT's ineptitude so far.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine