Week 5 CFB Discussion

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Week 5 CFB Discussion

Post by StevensTechU »

Not to steal Duck07's thunder, but getting this week's thread underway to mention that Hank Bachmeier, starting QB of Boise State, is opting to transfer mid-season. Guess he doesn't want to put more terrible play on film so he can have at least a few options of destinations.

Elsewhere, I hope OSU takes down Utah and hopefully gives the Pac-12 another ranked team.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Week 5 CFB Discussion

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Not to steal Duck07's thunder, but getting this week's thread underway to mention that Hank Bachmeier, starting QB of Boise State, is opting to transfer mid-season. Guess he doesn't want to put more terrible play on film so he can have at least a few options of destinations.

Elsewhere, I hope OSU takes down Utah and hopefully gives the Pac-12 another ranked team.
Kauthie is out for the season for Utah which is very big for them. I don't know about OS taking them down in SLC. If it was in Corvallis I would be more optimistic but then again OS plays hard. The QB, Nolan does turn the ball over a lot, it was killer for them against SC but who knows maybe he plays mistake free on Saturday. Thinking OS might have drained the tank a bit against USC. This is a tough gauntlet for them.

Won't be much different for us when we get UW and Utah on two consecutive weekends in November but I do think Oregon has a bit more depth.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Not to steal Duck07's thunder, but getting this week's thread underway to mention that Hank Bachmeier, starting QB of Boise State, is opting to transfer mid-season. Guess he doesn't want to put more terrible play on film so he can have at least a few options of destinations.

Kauthie is out for the season for Utah which is very big for them. I don't know about OS taking them down in SLC. If it was in Corvallis I would be more optimistic but then again OS plays hard. The QB, Nolan does turn the ball over a lot, it was killer for them against SC but who knows maybe he plays mistake free on Saturday. Thinking OS might have drained the tank a bit against USC. This is a tough gauntlet for them.

Won't be much different for us when we get UW and Utah on two consecutive weekends in November but I do think Oregon has a bit more depth.

I don’t know. I expect OS blew its load last week, and will get handled by Utah. Teams like OS do that. They get up for their super bowl, than can’t do it the next week.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lmduck wrote:

I don’t know. I expect OS blew its load last week, and will get handled by Utah. Teams like OS do that. They get up for their super bowl, than can’t do it the next week.
I am not a betting person in anyway but Utah by 12.5 right now seems high. OS might hang with them for awhile.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

General rule under Smith is to bet the Beavs to cover as a underdog.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I personally find WA-UCLA to be very intriguing, I know WA’s win over MSU was impressive at the time but I’m not so sure MSU is any good, they’ll probably barely be bowl eligible this year, if bowl eligible at all. Plus UCLA hasn’t met expectations this year and is only 4-0 due to a very weak schedule so far. This could be a good game for Chip and UCLA to remind the conference they are legitimate contenders but also an opportunity for WA to prove they are one of the top teams in the PAC-12 with a blowout win. I expect a close win for WA but I’m intrigued to see how it plays out.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I personally find WA-UCLA to be very intriguing, I know WA’s win over MSU was impressive at the time but I’m not so sure MSU is any good, they’ll probably barely be bowl eligible this year, if bowl eligible at all. Plus UCLA hasn’t met expectations this year and is only 4-0 due to a very weak schedule so far. This could be a good game for Chip and UCLA to remind the conference they are legitimate contenders but also an opportunity for WA to prove they are one of the top teams in the PAC-12 with a blowout win. I expect a close win for WA but I’m intrigued to see how it plays out.
Agreed. Looking forward to watching that game Friday night.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I personally find WA-UCLA to be very intriguing, I know WA’s win over MSU was impressive at the time but I’m not so sure MSU is any good, they’ll probably barely be bowl eligible this year, if bowl eligible at all. Plus UCLA hasn’t met expectations this year and is only 4-0 due to a very weak schedule so far. This could be a good game for Chip and UCLA to remind the conference they are legitimate contenders but also an opportunity for WA to prove they are one of the top teams in the PAC-12 with a blowout win. I expect a close win for WA but I’m intrigued to see how it plays out.

Honestly I’m no sure UW plays a good team until the end of Oct. I don’t believe UCLA is a very good team. The conference has 6 good teams, and ucla is right at the bowl team but nothing special group. If they win this, then that will tell us a lot about UW. Who has honestly played 4 teams that any of the 6 teams would have run over with ease.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Definitely an opportunity for UCLA these next two weeks with UW and Utah, both at home (before a bye and then @ Oregon).
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Utah St. tied with BYU at halftime. They have 245 yards to BYU’s 107…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Utah St. tied with BYU at halftime. They have 245 yards to BYU’s 107…

BYU pulling away in the second half, I think they were looking ahead, got Notre Dame and Arkansas the next two weeks.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Utah St. tied with BYU at halftime. They have 245 yards to BYU’s 107…

BYU pulling away in the second half, I think they were looking ahead, got Notre Dame and Arkansas the next two weeks.
Good point. And USU had looked terrible.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I hope BYU beats ND and Arkansas. It would make our win look more glorious.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I hope BYU beats ND and Arkansas. It would make our win look more glorious.
How healthy are they?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Braxton Burmeister and the Aztecs up on Boise State 13-0 with former OSU QB Sam Vidlak having taken over at QB.

Hard to grade Vidlak too much since the OL is terrible and with a new OC it seems like plays are coming in real late from Koetter. He did have one 52 yarder which only seemed to show that he still lacks the arm strength to really wing it as the WR had a step.