#12 Oregon @ Arizona (Oct. 8, Sat 6 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: #12 Oregon @ Arizona (Oct. 8, Sat 6 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Going into the game UO has the 10th best rushing offense versus Arizona's 125th ranked rush defense. Knowing that I would expect Arizona to spend the whole week game planning to try to deal with that. Wouldn't surprise me to see Arizona load the box with 8 and 9 defenders and get torn apart by the passing game up the middle. On the other hand I watched quite a bit of Arizona against ND State and even though Arizona knew they were going to run 80% of the time ND State still rushed for 300 yards.

It will take Oregon shooting themselves in the foot in the redzone again for Arizona to hold the Ducks under 40. That or a slew of turnovers we haven't seen out of the Ducks yet.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:We're -11.5 point favorites, down from -17.5 against Stanford. Shouldn't be close but the desert is scary and Zona at least has a little life this season.
We win, but I'm not betting this week at -12.
At -17, I was gonna take those pts given our history at Arizona but was late to the party this week.

At 70.5 the over is enticing. Both offenses are good and I don't think our defense has been what I anticipated yet for this year.
I've got 45-35 Ducks and be pleasantly surprised if we win by more than that and hold them under 25.
Wow, I had not noticed the o/u was set that high. That suggests it'll be a victory for the defense if we keep them below 30.
Oregon averages 41 per game and Arizona 32 so the 70.5 over/under is essentially 3 points less then their scoring averages added together. When you factor in that both scoring defenses are below National average, the 70.5 might be a little low.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:We're -11.5 point favorites, down from -17.5 against Stanford. Shouldn't be close but the desert is scary and Zona at least has a little life this season.
We win, but I'm not betting this week at -12.
At -17, I was gonna take those pts given our history at Arizona but was late to the party this week.

At 70.5 the over is enticing. Both offenses are good and I don't think our defense has been what I anticipated yet for this year.
I've got 45-35 Ducks and be pleasantly surprised if we win by more than that and hold them under 25.
Wow, I had not noticed the o/u was set that high. That suggests it'll be a victory for the defense if we keep them below 30.
Oregon averages 41 per game and Arizona 32 so the 70.5 over/under is essentially 3 points less then their scoring averages added together. When you factor in that both scoring defenses are below National average, the 70.5 might be a little low.
Say what you want, but the sharps in Vegas are amazingly smart about point spreads. Throw out the occasional upset, by and large they’re pretty smart cookies. What was the spread for the Stanford game? 18 points I believe. Hmmm…
Last edited by nogerO on Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
Ew, those are losing looking uniforms. Meh.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Ew, those are losing looking uniforms. Meh.
I hate those jerseys along with all of the other gimmick jerseys we’ve had (Oregon trail jerseys vs WSU in 2015, Puddles jerseys vs Colorado in 2016, throwback webfoot jerseys vs Washington in 2016). Granted Oregon did win last time they wore these against UCLA last year but still can’t stand them.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

blech
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Arizona is expected to sell out the stadium for this one. Should be a fun atmosphere.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Arizona is expected to sell out the stadium for this one. Should be a fun atmosphere.
I think just about every road game they play will be a sellout or at least the highest attended game for the home team. That seems to be common whenever Oregon comes to town.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Arizona is expected to sell out the stadium for this one. Should be a fun atmosphere.
I think just about every road game they play will be a sellout or at least the highest attended game for the home team. That seems to be common whenever Oregon comes to town.
Yep, everyone wants to see the show. We're a national brand you know? We can't sneak up on anyone anymore.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Opportunity against a highly ranked team. And I would think that most Arizona fans are well aware of relatively recent home successes vs. the Ducks.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

True, I guess in my mind we were still in the late 20s being ranked after that near loss to Wazzu. But brand + high ranking will certainly pack out stadiums.