Dan Lanning not pleased after the game - “Shout”

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Dan Lanning not pleased after the game - “Shout”

Post by dd10snoop28 »

yes please get rid of the mat Kearney aka the most generic "homey-feely" song of all time.

wazzu had their own version of our "coming home" song ughhh.... maybe mat Kearney did that song too cuz it sounded exactly the same, and same type of highlights too, except replace BCS bowls wins with wins over UW as the main highlights. lol
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

This thread is ridiculous, why not get rid of the Duck, change the colors to orange and red, trade the Harley in for a bicycle ….. shout is Oregon. I can understand Lannings frustration but it is up to him to handle his problems quietly not through the media.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Alan wrote:This thread is ridiculous, why not get rid of the Duck, change the colors to orange and red, trade the Harley in for a bicycle ….. shout is Oregon. I can understand Lannings frustration but it is up to him to handle his problems quietly not through the media.
? I don’t believe Lanning has said anything about it in the media. The rumor is that he just told the team there is no dancing to Shout if they aren’t blowing out their opponent. He wants them focused on the task at hand. Seems fair.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Dan Lanning not pleased after the game - “Shout”

Post by lmduck »

This is correct. ^^^^^

Seems it's the message board people who are discussing it, not Lanning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I like Shout, though can’t lie sometimes I’d get frustrated at how the crowd would be louder for Shout than a big defensive play. I remember being at the nightmare 2012 Stanford game and the 4rh quarter started with a big play for the Oregon defense, I think it was like 3rd and 3 for Stanford around midfield. Shout comes on and the entire section I’m in stands up gets loud and dances to it, but when it ended and the 4th quarter started most of the section sat down and stopped making noise. I was mad cause I thought we should’ve been louder for the 3rd down play than shout, but ever since 2009 Autzen has not been near the same.

Regardless I still like Shout and think it’s a fun addition, I just wish fans were encouraged to be louder for the actual game than Shout.

Now Sweet Caroline can be forever gone from Autzen, I hate when they play that song.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

droop10 wrote:
Alan wrote:This thread is ridiculous, why not get rid of the Duck, change the colors to orange and red, trade the Harley in for a bicycle ….. shout is Oregon. I can understand Lannings frustration but it is up to him to handle his problems quietly not through the media.
? I don’t believe Lanning has said anything about it in the media. The rumor is that he just told the team there is no dancing to Shout if they aren’t blowing out their opponent. He wants them focused on the task at hand. Seems fair.
I have heard him twice speak of getting use to shout and how it interferes with coaching between the third and fourth quarter and players come out flat at times. I want to say it was the interview when he said “eggs, breakfast and kick ass”

I am pretty sure the other was post game BYU, something about having to get use to it and deal with it..

Edit to add, Shout is not going anywhere, it’s Autzen.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:
droop10 wrote:
I have heard him twice speak of getting use to shout and how it interferes with coaching between the third and fourth quarter and players come out flat at times. I want to say it was the interview when he said “eggs, breakfast and kick ass”

I am pretty sure the other was post game BYU, something about having to get use to it and deal with it..

He has been asked about it for sure and has been a bit coy in his response so my guess is he has been thinking about the best way to handle it without causing consternation. He clearly undetstands the significance.

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

lmduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
droop10 wrote:

He has been asked about it for sure and has been a bit coy in his response so my guess is he has been thinking about the best way to handle it without causing consternation. He clearly undetstands the significance.

For sure. I highly doubt he's trying to have it removed from the game. He's just trying to adjust how the team handles that time. I guess him responding to questions about it, as opposed to complaining about it unprovoked seems different to me. I get it's nice to have the energy of the players dancing along with the crowd, but when there's a close game, you'd rather have the guys focused on what they're going to do at the start of the quarter than dancing along to a song.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lmduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
droop10 wrote:

I agree, as my compliment to his coaching, shout interferes with his coaching but he has to figure that out.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:A 50-year-old dude trying to get Shout replaced with Three 6 Mafia is what makes online forums electric. Just an incredible, awful idea.
lol

I actually really like this thread so far. Go on everyone...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Ultimately, teams need to conform to the culture of their coach. The experience, though, conforms to the culture of the place. Shout isn't going anywhere. If Lanning doesn't want the players to participate, he has that right and there might be credence to him thinking it's detrimental. So it goes.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

QuackininBama wrote:No actually its not. How many 18 year olds are into "shout"?

It would take months to figure this out but seriously, our music is literally what, 50 years old? Why can't we update it?

What about this for intro music:

Lots of 18 yo rolling around listening to jump around?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Ultimately, teams need to conform to the culture of their coach. The experience, though, conforms to the culture of the place. Shout isn't going anywhere. If Lanning doesn't want the players to participate, he has that right and there might be credence to him thinking it's detrimental. So it goes.
^^^^^^^ this
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Ultimately, teams need to conform to the culture of their coach. The experience, though, conforms to the culture of the place. Shout isn't going anywhere. If Lanning doesn't want the players to participate, he has that right and there might be credence to him thinking it's detrimental. So it goes.

His last 2 bosses were Saban and Smart. I guarantee neither would allow their teams to be dancing before the 4th quarter
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:

His last 2 bosses were Saban and Smart. I guarantee neither would allow their teams to be dancing before the 4th quarter
Agree and I personally don't have an issue with that.

Any one starting out in their career, in DL's case, his head coaching career will incorporate things from former managers and mentors that worked or were good business practices and this is no different.