Dan Lanning not pleased after the game - “Shout”

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Dan Lanning not pleased after the game - “Shout”

Post by Alan »

I have zero problem with Lanning stopping player from dancing on the sideline.
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

QuackininBama wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Shout is fantastic and it's relevant to UofO. It's fun. Easy to dance to. Would be awful to replace it with some throwaway song.
Name me ONE high school student in the entire world who knows the song "Shout" and I will agree with you.
Name one high school student who is either a current student or graduate of the University of Oregon and I'll agree with you.

I'm not sure that I want to use music that is based on it's popularity with high school students. As I have seen over my lifetime, musical tastes tend to change over time.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

It’s not tied to the release of the song in the 50’s. It’s tied to an Iconic college movie filmed on our campus. It’s awesome.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Tray Dub wrote:A 50-year-old dude trying to get Shout replaced with Three 6 Mafia is what makes online forums electric. Just an incredible, awful idea.
Ding ding ding! Johnny! Tell that man what he’s won!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

QuackininBama wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Am I the only one who hates "Shout"? Its so 1966. I'm 51 and wasn't even alive when this song was popular. Seriously. Can't we upgrade our song?

Jump Around just OWNS us...........

Let's tell Boston to stop playing Sweet Caroline while we're at it. You shut your filthy mouth.
It is what is it, Shout sucks.
The recording took place on July 29, 1959, with Hugo and Luigi choosing the studio musicians and the Isley Brothers inviting organist Herman Stephens. Released in August 1959,
Difference between Jul 2, 1959 and Oct 2, 2022:

63 years 3 months 0 days
or 759 months 0 days
or 3300 weeks 3 days
or 23103 calendar days

Seriously?
Yes. Your "Exhibit A" of a midwest school playing a white-boy rap song that is over 30 years old is very convincing.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Tray Dub wrote:A 50-year-old dude trying to get Shout replaced with Three 6 Mafia is what makes online forums electric. Just an incredible, awful idea.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I want to say first off not everyone is Troy Dye and I do think the players should sort of earn that right. I do think Shout is more relevant than some people might realize mainly because of the Wedding Crashers.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

duck023 wrote:I want to say first off not everyone is Troy Dye and I do think the players should sort of earn that right. I do think Shout is more relevant than some people might realize mainly because of the Wedding Crashers.
Wedding crashers? I'd think it's relevant because of animal house
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

squintsdd wrote:
duck023 wrote:I want to say first off not everyone is Troy Dye and I do think the players should sort of earn that right. I do think Shout is more relevant than some people might realize mainly because of the Wedding Crashers.
I get it the whole Oregon tradition comes from animal house however I'm a millennial and I have never seen Animal House. However, I've seen Wedding Crashers 1000 times. Another comment was talking about how relevant Shout was, but Shout was in Wedding Crashers a movie that came out in 2007 the last time I saw the Jump Around song in a movie was in Happy Gilmore a 1995 movie.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

duck023 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
I get it the whole Oregon tradition comes from animal house however I'm a millennial and I have never seen Animal House. However, I've seen Wedding Crashers 1000 times. Another comment was talking about how relevant Shout was, but Shout was in Wedding Crashers a movie that came out in 2007 the last time I saw the Jump Around song in a movie was in Happy Gilmore a 1995 movie.
But the relevancy from animal house comes because the movie was shot on the Oregon campus. Literally the only school that would allow them to do it. I highly suggest you give it a watch
hslack
One Star Recruit

Post by hslack »

duck023 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
I'm a sophomore in college, granted not at Oregon but can confirm that many people my age do indeed know what Animal House is
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
You can't be a Ducks fan if you haven't seen Animal House.

Kevin Bacon was spanked in my old living room.