Breakout Player so far this season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Breakout Player so far this season

Post by Alan »

We are basically a third of the way through the season. Who would you say is the breakout player so far this year? I realize it may be hard to say much about any transfers. The biggest disappointment so far?
gogreen55
Senior

Re: Breakout Player so far this season

Post by gogreen55 »

Troy Franklin is an easy pick on offense, especially if you don't count transfers.

Defense is harder. The guy that has impressed me the most is Christian Gonzalez, but he is a transfer and was expected to be good. He has been even better than I was expecting though.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nix, Irving and Ferguson are my picks for offense. Defense is tougher but I'd go with Casey Rogers and Bennett Williams.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Easily Marcus Harper and Casey Rogers when it comes to line play.

Bucky Irving has really impressed me (and all of us) and Bennett Williams is earning himself some $ by raising his draft stock with his play at Nickel CB.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

DJ Johnson. 4 sacks in 5 games is a pretty nice pace, especially for a guy who was playing TE last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Maybe next year he'll be the 'breakout' guy, but want to recognize that Bassa has made really great strides. Oregon is having success with turning 190-200 pound high school safeties into fast, athletic linebackers (Bassa and Troy Dye lately, Spencer Paysinger years ago).
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Bassa gets my vote. I was expecting greatness from Gonzalez and at least very good play from most of these transfer upperclassmen.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Bucky and Bennett for me. Bennett is such a sure tackler. Bucky just does not go down.

Gonzo has been so good too, but he came in with high expectations and has met them head-on.

Bassa has been solid this year too.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Break out player for me is Bucky. We could have 2 thousand yard backs this year because of the apparent unselfish attitude of our running backs.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Cam McCormick has several good catches, a couple touchdowns and is blocking, Is this the only season he has played as many games without injury?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

rockthief wrote:Cam McCormick has several good catches, a couple touchdowns and is blocking, Is this the only season he has played as many games without injury?
He is an amazing story of persistence. Hopefully Cam can finish the season healthy and on a high note.