LeGarrette Blount be LeGarrette Blount'ing

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

LeGarrette Blount be LeGarrette Blount'ing

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

https://nypost.com/2022/10/04/legarrett ... ball-game/
Where is Scott Frost when you need him?

Also, who is dumb enough to pick a fight with freakin LeGarrette Blount??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan
Senior

Re: LeGarrette Blount be LeGarrette Blount'ing

Post by Alan »

I saw this on twitter, just shaking my head, Blount is coaching 12 year olds, some mentor he is…..
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

What a pathetic display not just by Blount but everyone involved. If you are involved in a fight in any way, shape, or form at a 12 and under youth football game then you desperately need anger management. It also looked the the kids on Blount’s team were mocking the parents and kids of the opposing team which very well could’ve started it all, maybe Blount should do some personal work before considering coaching kids.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Another reminder there is absolutely NO reason for kids to be playing football, especially tackle, until HS and even then its debatable with the long-term consequences of brain injuries.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:Another reminder there is absolutely NO reason for kids to be playing football, especially tackle, until HS and even then its debatable with the long-term consequences of brain injuries.
As someone who loved playing tackle football starting in junior high, seventh grade, I could not agree with you more!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:Another reminder there is absolutely NO reason for kids to be playing football, especially tackle, until HS and even then its debatable with the long-term consequences of brain injuries.
I have a 3 y/o son and I have similar sentiments. He’s already interested in football but will be playing flag until HS. Parents seem to fall into the trap of thinking their kid won’t make it to college on a scholarship if he hasn’t been playing tackle since he was 5. The reality is, if he’s that talented it probably won’t matter. Those kids aren’t learning anything that will be a major difference maker in their careers at those ages.

As for Blount, this is obviously who he is. There’s worse things than throwing a punch every few years. Hopefully it’s a lesson for this kids on what not to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

sad... he's been given so many opportunities and blows it every time. hate to see that type of thuggish behavior, especially around impressionable kids.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Who would hire this thug?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ha, for some reason this doesn't bother me as much as it probably should.

I think I'm used to hearing about college athletes going to jail for drugs, DUI, murder, felony-level assaults, etc... If he can consistently just throw a punch at an opposing team once every 10-15 years, I think he can still get by in life.

And part of me believes he's a family guy, and wanting to invest in things of value and this incident isn't a reflection of who he is.

Or perhaps the deadbeat DAs we have in big cities have brainwashed me to think everyone who commits a crime is not a criminal and is a victim...

With that being said, his actions in that video are foolish. And extra embarrassing as an example for kids. If he really wants what's best for his community, he should probably stop coaching kids and figure out a different job (someone said personal training above which makes more sense to me)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t gone the MMA/boxing route. He’s a little old but the dude obviously loves to fight.

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t gone the MMA/boxing route. He’s a little old but the dude obviously loves to fight.

I would pay the PPV charge for a MMA Blount/Hout fight and I bet many others would. Blount is probably blowing through that NFL cash pretty fast and Hout can't get paid too much as Idaho State's director of football operations. Some promoter could throw $50k at each of them and make some serious cash. Heck, Blount would probably do it for free.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Watching the video, those women that kept trying to escalate things were equally as pathetic.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t gone the MMA/boxing route. He’s a little old but the dude obviously loves to fight.

I would pay the PPV charge for a MMA Blount/Hout fight and I bet many others would. Blount is probably blowing through that NFL cash pretty fast and Hout can't get paid too much as Idaho State's director of football operations. Some promoter could throw $50k at each of them and make some serious cash. Heck, Blount would probably do it for free.
:lol:

It would be comically entertaining, but I don't think anyone outside of Oregon and Idaho has much of an interest in that entire incident.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I actually completely agree with you to a point. I think 9-12 (Jr High, High School) is fine for tackle, anything under that they don't need to be playing tackle football. Flags are fine.