2001 Uniforms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

2001 Uniforms

Post by duck023 »

I like that Oregon wears the 1994 uniforms once in a while however I'd really like to see the Joey Harrington style uniforms come back.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: 2001 Uniforms

Post by squintsdd »

duck023 wrote:I like that Oregon wears the 1994 uniforms once in a while however I'd really like to see the Joey Harrington style uniforms come back.
God no. I hated the diamond plate
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Loved the Mallard head helmets
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The yellow stripes all the way down was always a bad look. If we wore a throwback to 2001, should only be the road unis.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

squintsdd wrote:
duck023 wrote:I like that Oregon wears the 1994 uniforms once in a while however I'd really like to see the Joey Harrington style uniforms come back.
Wrong Jerseys you're thinking of.

I actually love both the jerseys but definitely agree that in picking between the two I like the look of the white road jerseys.Image
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Duck07 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Wrong Jerseys you're thinking of.

I actually love both the jerseys but definitely agree that in picking between the two I like the look of the white road jerseys.Image
Yup, you're right. I think the diamond plate was actually during the Dennis Dixon era. Either way though, looking at the uniforms from when Harrington played, no thanks
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

It's time to give those unis and that era their flowers, these need a retro ASAP!
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Those are the best helmets in duck history, no doubt.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The best helmet in UO history, imo, is the yellow we wore during MM8 years. Followed by the white his teams wore at the coliseum. To bad our relationship with the company that UO made famous, went south. I’d be happy if we wore that yellow helmet, with a green top and yellow pants at home every game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

DmoneyDuck wrote:It's time to give those unis and that era their flowers, these need a retro ASAP!
Couldn’t agree more. I was 11 in 2001 and that era was what made me fall in love with the Ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

squintsdd wrote: Yup, you're right. I think the diamond plate was actually during the Dennis Dixon era. Either way though, looking at the uniforms from when Harrington played, no thanks
Those were solely the idea of WR Jaison Williams.

The Holiday Bowl, Green-White-Black combo was the cleanest look of that kit, largely because of the lack of visible diamond plating.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
squintsdd wrote: Yup, you're right. I think the diamond plate was actually during the Dennis Dixon era. Either way though, looking at the uniforms from when Harrington played, no thanks
Those were solely the idea of WR Jaison Williams.

The Holiday Bowl, Green-White-Black combo was the cleanest look of that kit, largely because of the lack of visible diamond plating.

I wish we could just go to numbers or an O on the shoulders. All the stuff Nike has put in there over the years, never looks great.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

One of my all time favorite uniforms is the ones Reuben Droughns and Co. wore vs UCLA in the Rose Bowl stadium. Wish I had a picture of those. Anyone?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

nogerO wrote:One of my all time favorite uniforms is the ones Reuben Droughns and Co. wore vs UCLA in the Rose Bowl stadium. Wish I had a picture of those. Anyone?
This link has some pictures of Reuben in action during that game, amongst others.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/reub ... s=archival
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

gogreen55 wrote:
nogerO wrote:One of my all time favorite uniforms is the ones Reuben Droughns and Co. wore vs UCLA in the Rose Bowl stadium. Wish I had a picture of those. Anyone?
This link has some pictures of Reuben in action during that game, amongst others.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/reub ... s=archival
He's rocking the old Nike Barracuda's in that game too. For all the retro jersey design's, there were some old cleats like the Barracuda's that had a real clean look to them that could use a modern footplate.