#24 Washington @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 12, Sat 4 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: #24 Washington @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 12, Sat 4 PM Fox)

Post by pezsez1 »

I wonder if Oregon will ever be good enough to counter their bad luck. I think they could be as good as Georgia and still find ways to lose to random Pac 12 teams.
The Washington State game says hello!

My thought waking up today is to remember the year we all THOUGHT this was going to be. We are still trouncing expectations, and this coaching staff is still really damn good. Yeah, last night sucked, and I hate that the Huskies knocked us out of the playoff hunt, but that's life. It's all about getting punched in the face and then finding ways to win again.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pezsez1 wrote:
I wonder if Oregon will ever be good enough to counter their bad luck. I think they could be as good as Georgia and still find ways to lose to random Pac 12 teams.

My thought waking up today is to remember the year we all THOUGHT this was going to be. We are still trouncing expectations, and this coaching staff is still really damn good. Yeah, last night sucked, and I hate that the Huskies knocked us out of the playoff hunt, but that's life. It's all about getting punched in the face and then finding ways to win again.
Just posted something similar in another thread. Can you imagine this team if Cristobal had stayed? Especially with his aversion to bringing in transfers? We would be having a terrible season.

Lanning and staff are doing what they can with a roster that was poorly constructed and filled with gaping holes. I couldn’t be more excited about the future of the program. Oh and this season, which is still going really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

#24 Washington @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 12, Sat 4 PM Fox)

Post by whosyourwally »

Isn’t it nice the perspective a night’s sleep brings. Agreeing with almost everything being said this morning.

We’re a good team with a potentially great coaching staff. But everything is earned and no one makes it to the top without taking a few shots along the way.

DeBoer also looks like a great hire. I hate it, but he’s likely building a solid program up there, too.

I’d rather the PNW dominate West Coast football than SoCal. It’ll make for some incredible games that keep the fan base engaged.

And yeah, it SUUUCKS that we lost. I woke up this morning and immediately started ranting about the game to my girlfriend. She put a pillow over my face and told me to shut up.

Go Ducks.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:

Just posted something similar in another thread. Can you imagine this team if Cristobal had stayed? Especially with his aversion to bringing in transfers? We would be having a terrible season.

Lanning and staff are doing what they can with a roster that was poorly constructed and filled with gaping holes. I couldn’t be more excited about the future of the program. Oh and this season, which is still going really well.

These post are very refreshing to see this morning, after the loss last night a few members were pathetic and juvenile with there post. Lanning is a great first year HC. He and Dilly needs to reel in the trick plays a little and with all the running Nix was doing I was a little concerned about injuries, he left the game at a bad time. Also they are not coaching their players yet, so give them a break!

I am going to watch Nix’s injury, the play he was injured on, because he certainly sat up after the tackle and gave one of UW defenders a what the hell look, one poster said Nix had “his apples intentionally twisted” on the ground.

Another thing I noticed was when TT went in for Nix, the camera had a close up shot of his face on the field, to me he had the deer in the headlights look, and played that way, his handoffs were sloppy and out of synch with the RB…… we need a portal QB!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

And yeah, it SUUUCKS that we lost. I woke up this morning and immediately started ranting about the game to my girlfriend. She put a pillow over my face and told me to shut up.
My wife is a UW grad, but she doesn't care a lick about sports or football. Last night, though, as soon as she lost, she came out of the bedroom and pointed/laughed at me in the style of the restaurant clown in IT Crowd.

Good times.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duck023 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
duck023 wrote:I wonder if Oregon will ever be good enough to counter their bad luck. I think they could be as good as Georgia and still find ways to lose to random Pac 12 teams.
This wasn’t just bad luck, Oregon isn’t that good yet, they will hopefully be someday but with defense like that you can’t just blame bad luck for losing to a team that has a really good QB.
Oregon was blowing out every team left and right. How can you say they aren't good when their margin of victory is way bigger than the 2001 team that was on of Oregon's greatest teams. I could think that about last years team even when they beat Ohio State I wasn't sold because they were squeaking out every game like against Fresno State. However, this year they have looked great other than the Georgia game. The defense played bad but they haven't played bad all year. Also, Oregon had that game in the bag until that bad snap. A bad snap cost Oregon that game not the defense. Also, the distractions about Lannings job likely didn't help as I predicted.
Poor use of words on my part, yes this team is very good but not top 5, borderline top 10 but not a CFP team. A CFP quality team can overcome bad luck and mistakes and win this game. But you’re right, this is a good team for sure, very good, just not great.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

This team is like a hot rod constructed with so many different parts some of which are shown not to fit. Other perform poorly and will be swapped.Eventually the car will win trophies. This is my fiftieth season as a Duck so you know I have seen some football.

Ty needs to go. His only value is occupying a space on the field. I expect he is a good person and perhaps he will blossom elsewhere. We a gamer like Bo Nix is. The only QB worse might be Jorgenson way back when , well it was not pretty.
Cheers!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I feel really bad for saying Anthony Brown should have been benched for TT last year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
"I'm not getting into Bear, Under, Over terminology..."

It isn't Bear you idiot. Nor is it a 3-4 Under with the DE/LB playing outside Bass' shoulder nor would you call it an Over Front. The closest that looks to me is a 3-4 Okie with the Safety up and the Strong B Gap is there with an initial double from Harper/Forysyth and Bass/Connerly before getting 2nd level.

(Still should have called a timeout though)
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pezsez1 wrote:I feel really bad for saying Anthony Brown should have been benched for TT last year.
I'll bet.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
"I'm not getting into Bear, Under, Over terminology..."

It isn't Bear you idiot. Nor is it a 3-4 Under with the DE/LB playing outside Bass' shoulder nor would you call it an Over Front. The closest that looks to me is a 3-4 Okie with the Safety up and the Strong B Gap is there with an initial double from Harper/Forysyth and Bass/Connerly before getting 2nd level.

(Still should have called a timeout though)
A great example of Crepea thinking he is the smartest man in the room

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I honeslty had zero issues with the fourth down call. We weren't stopping UW at that point, and we needed a score. We're also usually pretty automatic on 4th & 1.

That said, Lanning definitely should have called for a timeout if he didn't like the look. And regardless of whether he liked the look, he should have called for a timeout the instant Nix ran up to him and said he was ready to go back in. That was the most important play of the whole game and we ran it with our best player on the sideline.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Hythloday1 pointed out in his film review that on all those 9-10 yard outs we were playing it in a way that makes the WR unguardable. Pretty disappointing that the defensive staff never made an adjustment and let UW have that play all game long.