We Still Control Our Own Destiny

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

We Still Control Our Own Destiny

Post by SuperDuck »

We can still win the conference championship and a Rose Bowl berth if we win out. I'm happy with that and I think most players and fans would be too.

Another loss would probably land us in the Alamo or Holiday Bowl.
John 3:36
dthomas=ddixon

Re: We Still Control Our Own Destiny

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Yep. Still on track for a great season. One thing I’m certain of: this season would’ve been significantly worse if Cristobal was still the coach. Lanning and staff are doing a lot with a team that has serious deficiencies at certain positions.

Last night sucked. It was the first game I’ve been able to go to in 3 years, and having it be a loss to huskies was not what I was hoping for. That said, I couldn’t be more excited about the finish to this season and the future of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

If a potential Rose Bowl matchup against Michigan or Ohio State doesn't excite you, then I don't know what to tell ya. LOTS lets on the table to play for. Starts next week against a team the Ducks should be fired up for.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DmoneyDuck wrote:If a potential Rose Bowl matchup against Michigan or Ohio State doesn't excite you, then I don't know what to tell ya. LOTS lets on the table to play for. Starts next week against a team the Ducks should be fired up for.
Is it bad that I’d be almost equally excited for the opportunity for Oregon to crush a 1 loss USC with possible CFP hopes in the title game?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Yep. Still on track for a great season. One thing I’m certain of: this season would’ve been significantly worse if Cristobal was still the coach. Lanning and staff are doing a lot with a team that has serious deficiencies at certain positions.

Last night sucked. It was the first game I’ve been able to go to in 3 years, and having it be a loss to huskies was not what I was hoping for. That said, I couldn’t be more excited about the finish to this season and the future of the program.

Spot on and no one seems to want to admit the obvious , Cristobal
and Salavea whiffed on defensive recruiting.

Keith Heyward was the guy who locked Thibidouex in and after that Oregon did not have solid track record with defensive recruiting. Remember when some of us expressed concern about Salavea's ability to recruit???

Yes I get Sewell and Flowe and but rhese new guys are having to undue some of the poor coaching and poor technique that they learned under Ken Wilson.

As an FYI Lanning was at the Sheldon/ Lake Oswego game Friday night. Word is Tuioti's kid is the kid of edge rusher DL covets. I know he is already committed.

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
DmoneyDuck wrote:If a potential Rose Bowl matchup against Michigan or Ohio State doesn't excite you, then I don't know what to tell ya. LOTS lets on the table to play for. Starts next week against a team the Ducks should be fired up for.
Is it bad that I’d be almost equally excited for the opportunity for Oregon to crush a 1 loss USC with possible CFP hopes in the title game?
That would make my heart smile
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Yep. Still on track for a great season. One thing I’m certain of: this season would’ve been significantly worse if Cristobal was still the coach. Lanning and staff are doing a lot with a team that has serious deficiencies at certain positions.
Agreed^^^^

Rob Mullens and Uncle Phil are both probably glad they didn't sign him to an extension now.

I honestly didn't think things were that bad, but we definitely need to bring in some more talent, as well as coach up some we currently have.

One thing I've noticed from both Flowe and Sewell, though not as much this year as last, is a constant tendency to over pursue. There've been several times they'll run right past a guy rather than focusing on getting a good angle on them to make the play. I've been wondering why that hasn't been corrected?
John 3:36
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

SuperDuck wrote:
Agreed^^^^

Rob Mullens and Uncle Phil are both probably glad they didn't sign him to an extension now.

I honestly didn't think things were that bad, but we definitely need to bring in some more talent, as well as coach up some we currently have.

One thing I've noticed from both Flowe and Sewell, though not as much this year as last, is a constant tendency to over pursue. There've been several times they'll run right past a guy rather than focusing on getting a good angle on them to make the play. I've been wondering why that hasn't been corrected?
I actually thought that they’ve improved quite a bit since week 1, they still have they issue but they do it far less frequently than they used to. In fact I thought overall the LB group was the one shining aspect of the defense yesterday.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Yeah, we just have to trust a team that gave up against Georgia and gave a game away against Washington to win 3 games in a row against the toughest teams they have played all year. Like I said I prefer the Sun Bowl over the Alamo Bowl. I would love to go to the Rose Bowl too, but they have no room for error anymore and this team has a lot of errors.
Last edited by duck023 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon still has three paths to the Pac-12 CG.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

duck023 wrote:Yeah, we just have to trust a team that gave up against Georgia and gave a game away against Washington to win 3 games in a row against the toughest teams they have played all year. Like I said I prefer the Sun Bowl over the Alamo Bowl.
They hardly gave up against Ga. And if you are happy with a Sun bowl there is a team in Corvallis that would welcome your support.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon still has three paths to the Pac-12 CG.
I actually think the best case scenario is Oregon winning 2 games and then someone else making the Pac 12 championship. (Although, I didn't think it was possible) That way Oregon can play in the Cotton Bowl.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

duck023 wrote:
I actually think the best case scenario is Oregon winning 2 games and then someone else making the Pac 12 championship. (Although, I didn't think it was possible) That way Oregon can play in the Cotton Bowl.
Just stop with this. Enough.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

lmduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:Yeah, we just have to trust a team that gave up against Georgia and gave a game away against Washington to win 3 games in a row against the toughest teams they have played all year. Like I said I prefer the Sun Bowl over the Alamo Bowl.
They hardly gave up against Ga. And if you are happy with a Sun bowl there is a team in Corvallis that would welcome your support.
Now is not the time to insult the Beavers honestly if I was a fair weather fan now would be a good time to switch. However, I'm just going to give up on this season for now and if the Ducks end up in a cool bowl game I'll watch it and if they end up in the Alamo for the 1000th time I'll likely be watching basketball.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

lmduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Just stop with this. Enough.
What am I supposed to do I'm pissed that Oregon gives away playoff chances to teams like ASU and Washington. Also, I can see why you might be annoyed with my love for the Sun Bowl because it was the first Bowl that I've seen Oregon in. However, the Cotton Bowl is a great bowl and I'd love Oregon to win a Cotton Bowl almost as much as a playoff birth.