We Still Control Our Own Destiny

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: We Still Control Our Own Destiny

Post by duck023 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
DmoneyDuck wrote:If a potential Rose Bowl matchup against Michigan or Ohio State doesn't excite you, then I don't know what to tell ya. LOTS lets on the table to play for. Starts next week against a team the Ducks should be fired up for.
Is it bad that I’d be almost equally excited for the opportunity for Oregon to crush a 1 loss USC with possible CFP hopes in the title game?
That would make me feel a lot better. Oregon beating USC could make up for Oregon losing to Georgia and Washington. Right now it's hard to get my hopes up because it seems like they could just give away a game at any time. However, I think they are better than all of the teams they are playing with Utah being the toughest. Oregon St and USC are legit top 20 teams but can they beat Oregon if Oregon doesn't just give the game away? I doubt it.
Last edited by duck023 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

duck023 wrote:
lmduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:Yeah, we just have to trust a team that gave up against Georgia and gave a game away against Washington to win 3 games in a row against the toughest teams they have played all year. Like I said I prefer the Sun Bowl over the Alamo Bowl.
They hardly gave up against Ga. And if you are happy with a Sun bowl there is a team in Corvallis that would welcome your support.
Now is not the time to insult the Beavers honestly if I was a fair weather fan now would be a good time to switch. However, I'm just going to give up on this season for now and if the Ducks end up in a cool bowl game I'll watch it and if they end up in the Alamo for the 1000th time I'll likely be watching basketball.
Dude seriously, now is not the time to insult the beavers?????? Yet here you are saying you are going to give up on the season for now but if they end up in a 'cool bowl' you'll watch but if it's the alamo bowl you'll watch basketball. I am not sure if you are intending for these posts to provide all of us humor or you actually think this. I'm hoping its for humor.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

lmduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:
lmduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:Yeah, we just have to trust a team that gave up against Georgia and gave a game away against Washington to win 3 games in a row against the toughest teams they have played all year. Like I said I prefer the Sun Bowl over the Alamo Bowl.
They hardly gave up against Ga. And if you are happy with a Sun bowl there is a team in Corvallis that would welcome your support.
Now is not the time to insult the Beavers honestly if I was a fair weather fan now would be a good time to switch. However, I'm just going to give up on this season for now and if the Ducks end up in a cool bowl game I'll watch it and if they end up in the Alamo for the 1000th time I'll likely be watching basketball.
Dude seriously, now is not the time to insult the beavers?????? Yet here you are saying you are going to give up on the season for now but if they end up in a 'cool bowl' you'll watch but if it's the alamo bowl you'll watch basketball. I am not sure if you are intending for these posts to provide all of us humor or you actually think this. I'm hoping its for humor.
I don't like to insult any team that Oregon is about to play on the road and Oregon St is as good as I've seen them since Rodgers. However forget about that because a pissed off Oregon that doesn't give the game away shouldn't have a problem with Oregon St even on the road. I think Oregon will likely win their remaining games but at any point they could do something dumb, so it won't be easy.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Wow someone need a timeout? Been in this site for a while, and while game day threads are ridiculous sometimes, this is almost comical. It’s 1 game. Someone let Hines back in?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

duckfan96 wrote:Wow someone need a timeout? Been in this site for a while, and while game day threads are ridiculous sometimes, this is almost comical. It’s 1 game. Someone let Hines back in?
Well said!!! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Biggest takeaway is that Oregon is almost guaranteed a spot in the CG if they beat Utah this weekend.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

And even if we lost to Utah, we could still beat Beavers and root for UCLA to beat USC?

Yeah that's still a good position to be in.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I don't know why Oregon always puts themselves in this position. They had a game cushion to play with and just gave it away. Now they have to win 3 in a row against great teams just to not play in the Alamo Bowl.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

So Oregon is in unless we lose, Washington wins and cal beats UCLA.

Right?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

greenyellow wrote:
So if we lose but UCLA beats Cal and Utah beats Colorado, we're still in the conference championship? That's pretty wild, didn't realize we would be sitting so pretty.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seems the Pac-12 is interpreting the tiebreakers differently than others as most had Utah eliminated but they still have a good shot.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Here's the updated results/tiebreaker chart:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oh ew…

So Oregon win and in. If Oregon loses, then our only shot of making it is if Wazzu wins. Yikes! Better win Saturday.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Oh ew…

So Oregon win and in. If Oregon loses, then our only shot of making it is if Wazzu wins. Yikes! Better win Saturday.
If we lose to the Beavs we don't even deserve to be in the game anyways.