#10 Utah @ #12 Oregon (Nov. 19, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

#10 Utah @ #12 Oregon (Nov. 19, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

8-2 Utah vs 8-2 Oregon
greenyellow

Re: #10 Utah @ #12 Oregon (Nov. 19, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has opened as 6 point favorites against Utah.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's probably the same people that have had Fire Helfrich/Taggart/Cristobal over the years.

Also, you'd fire a first-year HC if they go 8-4 in their first season? That just seems dumb.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Who else would post it other than the person who made it? Don’t feed the trolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah seems trolly to me.

Frankly, we’re still performing better than I thought with our current roster. Don’t think a whole lot of guys would do much better with one off-season with our roster.

Utah is gonna be tough. I hope Nix will be ready!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Yeah seems trolly to me.

Frankly, we’re still performing better than I thought with our current roster. Don’t think a whole lot of guys would do much better with one off-season with our roster.

Utah is gonna be tough. I hope Nix will be ready!
Me too!
John 3:36
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

In some ways ducks may match up better against Utah than Washington, though if Nix isn’t healthy then throw that all out the window, we’re gonna get crushed.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

Looks like a beavis fan has nothing better to do.

OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

I honestly think that the main challenge with Utah will not be Nix, I think the determining factor will be the defense. If the D comes out like they did against UW, then we lose this game. 3 of the 4 main factors of the defense were bad against UW, 1. No real pressure on the QB, 2. CB got burned all night and led to big plays on crucial downs, 3. LB’s still seem out of whack and the intensity seemed missing until Flowe got in there…though they did do a little better than the rest of the year. Our run D did seem up to the task…but the play calling of Lupoi did not seem effective, in that battle the UW OC had a better read on what Oregon was going to do versus Oregon having a read on what the UW Offense was going to do. It was so bad, that my wife was calling the UW plays and wondering what the defense was doing. May be a great opportunity to bring on a co-defensive coordinator.

Maybe they were looking past UW to the Utah game, but it seemed like the D was unprepared.

Utah is solid in all three phases of the game. The saving grace is that their offense, while good is not prolific. Rising is a competent runner and throws dimes on the field. Even with Kuithe out, Kincaid and Yasmin are still threats in the pass game.

I am hoping that Oregon can pull of the win, but I see a loss coming with a great showdown in Corvallis yet to come.

I hope I am 100% wrong, and you still have to appreciate that Oregon has exceeded expectations for the year and are doing very good with a brand new coach and learning a new playbook and culture.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

block that fool please
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Done

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Done
Thank you! Ridiculous, hope Lanning is receiving tons of support emails and message after that loss and I have enough confidence in what I have seem from Lanning that in time he will fix the D…… might take a year or two to recruit his players.

On to Utah, tough match up but Ducks will be hungry!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The loss to UW doesn’t change my outlook on the rest of the season. As some here mentioned before the game, it was largely a matter of their strength being our weakness. And even then, it took us making a number of uncharacteristic mistakes on offense for us to lose. If we simply finish that 10 minute 4th quarter drive we win.

Rising is a great QB but he has no weapons. If our offense gets dialed in, and Nix’s injury isn’t so significant that he can’t run, we should win this game. Really looking forward to it.

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Done
Thank you! Ridiculous, hope Lanning is receiving tons of support emails and message after that loss and I have enough confidence in what I have seem from Lanning that in time he will fix the D…… might take a year or two to recruit his players.

On to Utah, tough match up but Ducks will be hungry!
Thanks for blocking. I am all in favor of vigorous debates but not being ignorant and cruel.

Agree on DL. He knew when he took the job there were issues on the defensive side of the ball. He has a vision for how the D should look and it may take a couple of recruiting cycles but he knows the issues very well.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I like Lanning a lot, but I don't know it's like the better Oregon gets the more epically they fail. I can kind of understand where the old timers are coming from with how they used to love 8-4 seasons. It's getting to the point where I'd almost rather see Oregon be mediocre than watch them get to the top of the mountain just to jump off a cliff.