#10 Utah @ #12 Oregon (Nov. 19, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: #10 Utah @ #12 Oregon (Nov. 19, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:
wlduck wrote:
DuckBomb2 wrote:
duck023 wrote:Lanning doesn't understand situational coaching. I noticed it in the Cal game. When you are up 17-3 with a hurt QB you don't do the play most likely to cause a turnover.
Yeah, this. It's pardonable to call a trick play now and then. But not with the turnover prone backup.
For everybody bagging on Ty, that turnover didn't look like his fault to me. Thornton just mishandled it.
The fumble wasn't Ty's fault. I agree.

...But he is cursed, so I don't know how that factors in.
Someone mentioned this before and I think the same thing from TT past few appearances, for what every reason the timing is off when he is in the game, handoffs are awkward a simple two foot toss is off. So it is not really all on TT. Who do you blame? Coaching staff for not enough reps in practice with the ones?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:Lanning with an awesome last answer at the press conference:

Q: “what’s Bo gonna do the next 48 hours to recover?”

Lanning: “I’m gonna let Kris Hudson answer that one”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you not love Lanning? Dude is so real and cool.

And a damn good football coach. My only outstanding questions are how does he deal with staff turnover and can he recruit at an elite level or just a really good level.

I agree hiring quality replacement staff is yet to be seen, I hoping the same people who put this staff together is in on any major coaching replacements.

Another new thing I think we will see soon from DL is his ability to have staff and players keep their mouth shut on injuries, lol.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lmduck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:Lanning with an awesome last answer at the press conference:

And a damn good football coach. My only outstanding questions are how does he deal with staff turnover and can he recruit at an elite level or just a really good level.
Agreed. Unfortunately we may find that out sooner than later. Sounds like Dilly is ASU’s top target.

Jim Mora and Harsin are ASU's top targets.

I saw Devil’s Digest say he was a prime/top target but I certainly hope you’re right. I love Dilly but I honestly think they need an experienced head coach the get that mess back on track. Dilly would be a huge risk.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

StevensTechU wrote:
wlduck wrote:
DuckBomb2 wrote:
duck023 wrote:Lanning doesn't understand situational coaching. I noticed it in the Cal game. When you are up 17-3 with a hurt QB you don't do the play most likely to cause a turnover.
Yeah, this. It's pardonable to call a trick play now and then. But not with the turnover prone backup.
For everybody bagging on Ty, that turnover didn't look like his fault to me. Thornton just mishandled it.

In game I thought he alligator armed it and bounced it off Thornton’s side but yeah, it hit DT straight in the hands.

The bigger issue is the stuff not recognizing the wildly bad vibes around Ty haha.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
wlduck wrote:
DuckBomb2 wrote:

In game I thought he alligator armed it and bounced it off Thornton’s side but yeah, it hit DT straight in the hands.

The bigger issue is the stuff not recognizing the wildly bad vibes around Ty haha.

He does seem to be cursed…… Whittingham’s slip to the ground after receiving a handoff from TT?…..(insert Erie music). Maybe U of O can start some Dr. Pepper Fansville like commercials?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lmduck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

Agreed. Unfortunately we may find that out sooner than later. Sounds like Dilly is ASU’s top target.

Jim Mora and Harsin are ASU's top targets.

I saw Devil’s Digest say he was a prime/top target but I certainly hope you’re right. I love Dilly but I honestly think they need an experienced head coach the get that mess back on track. Dilly would be a huge risk.

Yeah, Devils Digest has been throwing stuff out there for quick hits. No one really knows but some more credible people than Devils Digest have been consistent in the Mora/Harsain narrative.

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

I agree hiring quality replacement staff is yet to be seen, I hoping the same people who put this staff together is in on any major coaching replacements.

Another new thing I think we will see soon from DL is his ability to have staff and players keep their mouth shut on injuries, lol.
I'm sure DL has been pretty clear all along on what can and can't be said about injuries. I think the reporter baited Hutson and he did not pick up on it.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Also just wanted to say how great it is to see Thornton taking advantage of his opportunity. He is such a dynamic athlete for his size and should play a major role next season.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I wonder if utah fans are blasting their coach on their boards for not kicking fg s. Hahaha
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

According to net success rate, we had the second luckiest win this weekend.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:According to net success rate, we had the second luckiest win this weekend.
Lol what garbage, Utah is lucky they didn’t have to deal with a fully healthy Nix, cause if they did they lose by 3+ touchdowns.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

#10 Utah @ #12 Oregon (Nov. 19, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
wlduck wrote:
DuckBomb2 wrote:

Well, if you listened to Nix after the game, he credited Ty with helping him prepare last week so maybe the wildly bad vibes that you think are there really aren't. Very few of us have full insight into the locker room so there could well be a whole different perspective on the inside.