Civil War: #10 Oregon @ #22 OSU (Nov. 26, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Re: Civil War: #10 Oregon @ #22 OSU (Nov. 26, Sat 12:30 PM A

Post by bdkipe »

Lanning vs. Crepea has been fantastic and I am here for all of it. We got the "I'll let Kris Hutson answer that" after the game and we got more gold yesterday:

Crepea: (Long winded observational pontification framed as a question about the barkrodent pass D)

Lanning: (looking bored as hell) "I'll tell Bo to watch this interview, you explained it really well."

At least Dan has a little fun with it. Mario looked like he was constipated and/or wanted to hop off the podium and strangle the guy.

I have noticed too on some of Crepea's longer questions (I realize they are all long) it seems like Coach purposely answers them in as few words as possible.

Coach Lanning has made press conferences fun again.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I still miss the Chip one-word-answer-with-death-stare-until-it-got-so-awkward-everyone-moved-onto-the-next-question.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

bdkipe wrote:Lanning vs. Crepea has been fantastic and I am here for all of it. We got the "I'll let Kris Hutson answer that" after the game and we got more gold yesterday:

Crepea: (Long winded observational pontification framed as a question about the barkrodent pass D)

Lanning: (looking bored as hell) "I'll tell Bo to watch this interview, you explained it really well."

At least Dan has a little fun with it. Mario looked like he was constipated and/or wanted to hop off the podium and strangle the guy.

I have noticed too on some of Crepea's longer questions (I realize they are all long) it seems like Coach purposely answers them in as few words as possible.

Coach Lanning has made press conferences fun again.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I still miss the Chip one-word-answer-with-death-stare-until-it-got-so-awkward-everyone-moved-onto-the-next-question.
I heard that and couldn't help but smile. Dan is epic when it comes to dealing with the smartest man in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Oregon is going to punch OSU in the mouth. There is a huge talent disparity here and it will show up in this game. Jonathan Smith is a great coach and he is doing fantastic things at OSU. However, usually talent finds a way to win the game. There is a reason that OSU has not yet beat a team with a winning record in conference play. You need the Jimmys and Joes in those big games.

I have Oregon by 17.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

northbeachsf wrote:Oregon is going to punch OSU in the mouth. There is a huge talent disparity here and it will show up in this game. Jonathan Smith is a great coach and he is doing fantastic things at OSU. However, usually talent finds a way to win the game. There is a reason that OSU has not yet beat a team with a winning record in conference play. You need the Jimmys and Joes in those big games.

I have Oregon by 17.
I sure hope you are right. Vegas has the line at the moment at -3.5.

OS is always up for this game and there is nothing they would like more than to derail Oregon's season by beating them. There D is decent and yes, I get it they have not beat anyone with a winning record but this game always makes me nervous when it's not in Eugene.

Believe me I will certainly acknowledge you if your assessment is correct. I would be more than happy!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

northbeachsf wrote:Oregon is going to punch OSU in the mouth. There is a huge talent disparity here and it will show up in this game.
The only huge talent disparity I see (personal opinion) is our OL against their DL. There's no good reason we shouldn't push them around up front.

Outside of that, their QB/WRs against our secondary? Weakness on weakness. Our QBs/WRs against their DBs? Strength on strength. Their RBs against our DL/LB? Push.

Chart it out, and Oregon should walk away with the win, but it isn't a landslide, unfortunately. They're in the top 25 for a reason.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

What concerns me with OSU (and what Lanning addressed in his press conference) is their ability to get in and convert 3rd/4th and shorts.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Does anybody still have the picture of that sad beaver fan shirtless in the stands with the tattoo on his manboob? I need that for smack talking purposes desperately, thank you in advance
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Civil War: #12 Oregon @ #25 Oregon State (Nov. 26, time

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Alan wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:I don’t mind changing outdated/insensitive names if it’s for a good reason but the Civil War name change is based on a real ignorance of the meaning of the word and world history. And it kills me that it was former ducks who started the whole thing..
The Civil War was not so much about slavery, although the abolishment of slavery was a huge part or result of the war, president Lincoln was against slavery but more so the expansion of slavery……. He did approve a law for Missouri to allow slavery. The Civil War, in the larger part was about the South catching up with the North in industrial technology, the north had become industrialized while the fat cats of the south depended on Slaves, they had unpaid labor and crops needed in the north so they fought change. Just history, not saying anything else.

I do not mind naming Akili Smith as the ex Duck who decided to spearhead the change of the name of the 100+ year tradition because he felt it was racist……… as a long time fan, to me, it is still the Civil War and always will be, it is not about race or slavery, it is the name of a football game played by U of O and OSU for 100 + years,

My apologies for the tangent, just wanted to provide some history in what tithe actual Civil War was about and I in no way condone racism, by any race, or the inhumane act of slavery. Back to football please….
Whenever this game happens I can't help but to think about the Armagnac–Burgundian Civil War of 1407–1435. Never forget.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

I think dismissing OS for ANY reason is not good and would be dangerous. Not calling any one out FWIW. I am
sure DL will hit hard on that all week. They better not be looking ahead in any way

OS plays hard and are significantly improved. Yes, there are some talent gaps but nothing can be assumed. Not saying anyone here is doing that either but I think it's safe to say that the days of walking all over OS are in the past.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Made the mistake of watching the pac 12
Network. That idiot Nigel Burton tried saying UU ram all over us, and OSU will also. Then tried to claim UW D stopped our O, and that we are going to lose to the beavs . :lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Doesn't sound like a new name for the game will done for a while longer.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Made the mistake of watching the pac 12
Network. That idiot Nigel Burton tried saying UU ram all over us, and OSU will also. Then tried to claim UW D stopped our O, and that we are going to lose to the beavs . :lol:
Dude hates Oregon since he never got an interview for the job when MH was fired. Yes, he actually thought he would be a good choice as the head coach.

Apparently he did not watch the Utah game as they had a total of 156 rushing yards.

He certainly does not let facts get in the way when he is watching a game with his purple and gold glasses on.

On a side note my theory is the only reason he is still on the P12 channel
Is because they have no one else. The post game crew is really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nix feels good about his ankle this week.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Do we expect the ducks to change up there running scheme is Nix isnt mobile enough? The read option stuff is just blocking 7 with 6 guy if the QB is not a factor. More 12/13 Personnel perhaps?