Civil War: #10 Oregon @ #22 OSU (Nov. 26, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Civil War: #10 Oregon @ #22 OSU (Nov. 26, Sat 12:30 PM A

Post by pezsez1 »

Great to hear about Bo's ankle. A big reason I was so satisfied with the Utah win was that Bo didn't appear to re-injure himself during the game. There were no moments of extreme wincing or limping, no moments where he got rolled up on awkardly, etc. He gutted it out, but also played smart and protected himself.

I'm sure he was sore on Sunday, but the fact he didn't appear to re-tweak his injury means he should be on a continued path of recovery -- and at his age, the path of recovery is often more like an exponential curve than a line. (Ahhh, the good old days.)

Ducks will beat OSU as long as Bo can throw better on the move, and I'm guessing that won't be an issue.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

If Bo can move in the pocket it will help our game massively. They were stacking the box and sending pressure because he couldn't avoid the rush and that killed both our running and short passing game for the most part. If he can move around the medium to long game opens back up and they cannot stack the box
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Well , the bald one himself (Canzano)has weighed in and picks the beavs. Apparently was on a radio show yesterday and picked OS and WSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckBomb2
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckBomb2 »

Well, that's not a ridiculous pick. OSU has a good home record, and the CW is always a fight, plus the uncertainty around Bo. However, I don't think the rivalry game nature will phase our team. If a guy can play QB in the Iron Bowl, then he can lead our team at Reser.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

DuckBomb2 wrote:Well, that's not a ridiculous pick. OSU has a good home record, and the CW is always a fight, plus the uncertainty around Bo. However, I don't think the rivalry game nature will phase our team. If a guy can play QB in the Iron Bowl, then he can lead our team at Reser.
Agree- not a ridiculous pick at all. Beavs defense is playing well.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

lmduck wrote:
DuckBomb2 wrote:Well, that's not a ridiculous pick. OSU has a good home record, and the CW is always a fight, plus the uncertainty around Bo. However, I don't think the rivalry game nature will phase our team. If a guy can play QB in the Iron Bowl, then he can lead our team at Reser.
Agree- not a ridiculous pick at all. Beavs defense is playing well.
Another thing that is not getting much play at the moment is that Forsythe should be back for this game. He holds things down on the OL and not saying they were bad last week but having him on the field helps. He is basically the on the field coach for that group so that is a major plus.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Maybe I’m being overconfident but the Beavs have the worst QB play in the PAC-12. If the Beavs had a good QB I’d be worried, but we have a solid run defense with big and fast LB’s that can cover the edge on run plays. I think it’s gonna be kind of a weird boring game but I have the ducks winning 23-13, Beavs just need a good QB and they’d be competing for the championship game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Maybe I’m being overconfident but the Beavs have the worst QB play in the PAC-12. If the Beavs had a good QB I’d be worried, but we have a solid run defense with big and fast LB’s that can cover the edge on run plays. I think it’s gonna be kind of a weird boring game but I have the ducks winning 23-13, Beavs just need a good QB and they’d be competing for the championship game.
They went from Nolan to the Freshman and his job is to not turn the ball over. Hits 65% of mostly short passes. Since the Beav's Offense's nightmare game against Utah where both QBs threw multiple picks, he has only thrown one pick. He is not going to light you up but he isn't giving away short fields and ls letting their excellent defence do their thing.

Everything points to a low scoring defensive battle so it probably wont be.
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
Not to sound like a jerk, but why is it bad to have to work a little extra to get some monies?

I had to work summer jobs during college years to save up enough money, and tons of college students work while going to school. I guess football players should be more privileged than the rest of students?

Not trying to derail this thread btw lol…

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Not to sound like a jerk, but why is it bad to have to work a little extra to get some monies?

I had to work summer jobs during college years to save up enough money, and tons of college students work while going to school. I guess football players should be more privileged than the rest of students?

Not trying to derail this thread btw lol…
Football is a full time job in addition to school. Practice, workouts, and traveling is a lot by itself, adding school makes life really crazy, and adding a part time job to all of that seems beyond exhausting.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

TK - I hear you.
I worked 25+ hours a week during school, Paid my own tuition, housing, and food to avoid any student loans.
Paid my wife's 4 years as well.
I did have to make a choice between the Wrestling Program and Architecture School in the end.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks going with all-green uniforms on the road while OSU will be going black/orange/orange.