Who do you think will win the natty?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Who do you think will win the natty?

Post by DuckzRule »

So far I think the only two teams I can think of that do have a shot to win the natty are Georgia and Ohio State, I heavily doubt Michigan qualifies for the playoffs and I don't know who will be the two teams that aren't UGA or tOSU that will qualify.

I'm actually rooting for Ohio State to win it all but it will most likely be Georgia, repeating as champions.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Re: Who do you think will win the natty?

Post by whosyourwally »

Georgia. If I bet money on sports, I’d feel really good about this one.

The way things have played out, besides Georgia, I don’t think there will be much overlap between the 4 CFP teams and the 4 best teams this year.

Id take a healthy Michigan, Alabama, or Oregon against any non-Georgia team lined up to make the playoffs.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Georgia
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Dawgs.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

It sucks that we wouldnt get into the playoffs if we win out while usc most likely would. Both would have only one conference loss but we d get penalized for having a tough ooc opponent.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

To me the rankings go like this.

1. Georgia

2. Ohio St
3. Everyone else
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:So far I think the only two teams I can think of that do have a shot to win the natty are Georgia and Ohio State, I heavily doubt Michigan qualifies for the playoffs and I don't know who will be the two teams that aren't UGA or tOSU that will qualify.

I'm actually rooting for Ohio State to win it all but it will most likely be Georgia, repeating as champions.
Georgia. I don't think this is one of Ohio State's best teams. I'd be shocked if Michigan beats them, though.

Honestly, even though LSU beat Alabama, I think Nick Saban and the Tide would give them the toughest matchup. They've lost two games on the final play by a total of 4 points. It's too bad we won't get to see it this year.
John 3:36
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Clearly LSU will :D
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

TCU will fall into it only because Notre Lame won't qualify
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I think TCU is the only team with a chance at beating Georgia, but Georgia likely wins it all.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

USC. Can't blow my conspiracy theory. ESPN predicts Utah will upset them. I'll be cheering for Utah anyway.
Realistically I think GEORGIA.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I would have liked to see either Utah or even Clemson in there instead of Ohio State.

I think it will be TCU vs Georgia for the title game. I'm hoping TCU can pull it off.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Bud Lee wrote:I would have liked to see either Utah or even Clemson in there instead of Ohio State.

I think it will be TCU vs Georgia for the title game. I'm hoping TCU can pull it off.
Same, I hope TCU wins a natty especially after the heartbreaking loss to Kansas State in the Big 12 CCG, tho I'm not sure if they could handle Georgia.

Also fun fact: The last time a number 2 seed qualified for the national championship game was in 2018 and after that, every title game has been 1 vs 3, so this makes me think TCU will beat Michigan.