Heisman Trophy / Best Player in CFB

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Heisman Trophy / Best Player in CFB

Post by StevensTechU »

This is an odd year where there's no obvious Heisman frontrunner, with Tennessee falling off the map even before Hooker's injury, and Bryce Young not having a repeat of his year last year. Stroud is putting up video game numbers, but many would say he's not the best player on his team (hello, Marvin Harrison Jr.). So maybe lets approach this slightly differently.

Lets say you're building a college football team for 1 year and for a 4 team playoff (meaning, at worst, you're pick #4). Who is your first overall draft pick?
northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Heisman Trophy / Best Player in CFB

Post by northbeachsf »

This will probably be a really unpopular opinion, but I might take Michael Penix Jr. with that pick. He is a clear difference maker for that team.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Bryce Young without a doubt. Caleb Williams 2nd then Bo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I think with the #1 quarterback being highly debatable (Hooker, Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Bryce Young, Drake Maye, etc.), I'm going with either Marvin Harrison Jr. or Blake Corum with my first pick. I'm also tempted to pick up Kelee Ringo.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:I think with the #1 quarterback being highly debatable (Hooker, Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Bryce Young, Drake Maye, etc.), I'm going with either Marvin Harrison Jr. or Blake Corum with my first pick. I'm also tempted to pick up Kelee Ringo.
I'd choose Bijan Robinson over Blake Corum personally and he's more of a threat out of the backfield.

In spite of his consistent ability to make dumb throws into coverage, for a college playoff I'd probably go with CJ Stroud. (NFL I'd be going with Levis, Richardson, Stroud and take Young off my board)

And to continue being a contrarian, I also think Christopher Smith has been the more impactful DB at UGA this year.