Dillingham talking with ASU about HC job

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Dillingham talking with ASU about HC job

Post by Duck07 »

According to this, we'll be playing in Tempe next year.

https://fbschedules.com/2023-oregon-football-schedule/
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

I wonder if the "Oregon Curse" of leaving for your home state / Alma Mater will follow him? It'd didn't follow Frost to UCF but it caught up with him at Nebraska.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

droop10 wrote:He’s now officially gone to ASU, so now we have to hope they can hang on to their key offensive recruits, especially Moore. Interested to see where they go for a new OC. I have no idea who the big gets out there would be.

He recruited one guy. And all the key recruits had committed long before our O became good.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

bdkipe wrote:I wonder if the "Oregon Curse" of leaving for your home state / Alma Mater will follow him? It'd didn't follow Frost to UCF but it caught up with him at Nebraska.

It doesn’t apply to coordinators.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
droop10 wrote:He’s now officially gone to ASU, so now we have to hope they can hang on to their key offensive recruits, especially Moore. Interested to see where they go for a new OC. I have no idea who the big gets out there would be.

He recruited one guy. And all the key recruits had committed long before our O became good.
I’m not panicking by any means and hopefully the remaining coaches have built a strong enough rapport to keep guys in the fold, but unless a hire is made in a hurry, it could very well have an effect. You would think kids would be patient enough to hold off for the later signing period to get more clarity, but as we saw with McMillan last year, that’s not always the case. A lot of them want to get it over with and will take the sure thing.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

droop10 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I’m not panicking by any means and hopefully the remaining coaches have built a strong enough rapport to keep guys in the fold, but unless a hire is made in a hurry, it could very well have an effect. You would think kids would be patient enough to hold off for the later signing period to get more clarity, but as we saw with McMillan last year, that’s not always the case. A lot of them want to get it over with and will take the sure thing.
The major difference is our HC, and I would assume majority of our staff, is staying. Unless they somehow butcher the OC hire I don’t think we have much to worry about. I was worried about Dickey flipping to USC even before this and would imagine USC will have a better chance now, but I could be wrong.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

I don’t think many on the Ducks coaching staff would welcome a somewhat lateral move, to a school that is going to get hammered with sanctions, and isn’t on par with the Ducks program. I also assume any coach that Dilly recruits, will have to have a compensation package that is relatively top heavy, not so much incentive laden, being that they may have no shot at the postseason for a while. Are they willing to spend? Will be interesting to see the comp package for Dilly.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

His mom says they are locked in and headed to UO.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

buckmarkduck wrote:His mom says they are locked in and headed to UO.
Who's mom? lol
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Is he close enough to any of the other coaches to take them with him?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UofO8 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:His mom says they are locked in and headed to UO.
Who's mom? lol

Moore
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Some reports suggest
Moore and Dickey are excited about becoming teammates.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
bdkipe wrote:I wonder if the "Oregon Curse" of leaving for your home state / Alma Mater will follow him? It'd didn't follow Frost to UCF but it caught up with him at Nebraska.

It doesn’t apply to coordinators.
Frost was great at his first job:)
Avalos did pretty well this year too
Arroyo...well...UNLV gonna UNLV