Dream Scenario

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Dream Scenario

Post by whosyourwally »

I know you’re all thinking it whether or not you’re trying to bury it to protect your sanity. Here goes, based on most recent CFP rankings:

Should Oregon win out, they pass each team in the rankings when:

8 - Clemson - loses to a suddenly hot S. Carolina this weekend or UNC the next (confidence rating: 6/10)

7 - Alabama - when Oregon wins out and has a conference title (confidence rating: 6/10)

6 - USC - when Oregon beats USC (cr: 6/10)

5 - LSU - when LSU loses to Georgia in the SEC Championship (cr: 9/10)

4 - TCU - when TCU gets killed by Texas in the B12 Championship and CFP voters decide they prefer a conference champ with a much better SOS. (cr: 2/10)

3 - Michigan - when UM gets killed by OSU, misses out on a conference championship, and is punished for their horrid OOC schedule (cr: 3/10)

2 - OSU - gets killed by UM, so devastated by the two game losing streak to UM that they clean house and opt out of the CFP to focus on next year. (cr: .001/10)

1 - Georgia - Destroys LSU 100-0. Congress passes a bill requiring any team this good to join the NFL. Georgia is busy beating the Browns on NYE. (cr: clown emoji/10)

*Realistically, Oregon could still get close enough to make things controversial. That’d be great for recruiting and for momentum into next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Dream Scenario

Post by dd10snoop28 »

great post. +1
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

What’s your confidence rating on Ducks beating the Beavers?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

UOducksTK1 wrote:What’s your confidence rating on Ducks beating the Beavers?
That’s tough. Healthy Nix? We were really, really good. 8.5/10

Cristobal version of Nix that doesn’t run, but we still run a pretend read-option like we’re fooling anyone? 4.5/10

ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

whosyourwally wrote:I know you’re all thinking it whether or not you’re trying to bury it to protect your sanity. Here goes, based on most recent CFP rankings:

Should Oregon win out, they pass each team in the rankings when:

8 - Clemson - loses to a suddenly hot S. Carolina this weekend or UNC the next (confidence rating: 6/10)

7 - Alabama - when Oregon wins out and has a conference title (confidence rating: 6/10)

6 - USC - when Oregon beats USC (cr: 6/10)

5 - LSU - when LSU loses to Georgia in the SEC Championship (cr: 9/10)

4 - TCU - when TCU gets killed by Texas in the B12 Championship and CFP voters decide they prefer a conference champ with a much better SOS. (cr: 2/10)

3 - Michigan - when UM gets killed by OSU, misses out on a conference championship, and is punished for their horrid OOC schedule (cr: 3/10)

2 - OSU - gets killed by UM, so devastated by the two game losing streak to UM that they clean house and opt out of the CFP to focus on next year. (cr: .001/10)

1 - Georgia - Destroys LSU 100-0. Congress passes a bill requiring any team this good to join the NFL. Georgia is busy beating the Browns on NYE. (cr: clown emoji/10)

*Realistically, Oregon could still get close enough to make things controversial. That’d be great for recruiting and for momentum into next season.

Pulease: Sounding like OSU announcers when they are down by 27 points, with a minute and 23 minutes left...Discussing scenarios for Beaver victory....lol
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Okay! Another conspiracy theory. They have been talking for weeks about how USC could make the playoffs. The scenario or script played out to perfection Sat.. Either Ohio State or Michigan had to lose big to eliminate them. OSU defense was so bad West Linn HS would have scored on them. USC needed to demolish ND and defeat Utah in the PAC-12 championship game(the only team to beat them this year). UO had to lose Sat.. It was all planned. Though Georgia and Michigan are the two best teams, don't be surprised if USC wins it all. Going into the Big 10 with a recent NC.

Seriously USC will defeat Utah and cover 10 pts maybe even 15.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

duck58 wrote:Okay! Another conspiracy theory. They have been talking for weeks about how USC could make the playoffs. The scenario or script played out to perfection Sat.. Either Ohio State or Michigan had to lose big to eliminate them. OSU defense was so bad West Linn HS would have scored on them. USC needed to demolish ND and defeat Utah in the PAC-12 championship game(the only team to beat them this year). UO had to lose Sat.. It was all planned. Though Georgia and Michigan are the two best teams, don't be surprised if USC wins it all. Going into the Big 10 with a recent NC.

Why not go all the way - Notre Dame announces they are joining the SEC and moves into TCUs spot in the polls setting up a rematch of SC and ND as well
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Don't underestimate Utah in a big game. The Utes are gritty, they're extremely well coached, and their fans travel well. They also beat USC once already, and that win wasn't a fluke.

I'm bummed that Nix hurt his ankle and how that derailed our seemingly inevitable matchup with USC. I think we would have beat them. But Utah's done it and can do it again.

Should be fun!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
Don't underestimate Utah in a big game. The Utes are gritty, they're extremely well coached, and their fans travel well. They also beat USC once already, and that win wasn't a fluke.

I'm bummed that Nix hurt his ankle and how that derailed our seemingly inevitable matchup with USC. I think we would have beat them. But Utah's done it and can do it again.

Should be fun!
Good points Pez. I hope DL gets to the same level as Whittingham and I think he will. It takes time.

The injury to Nix derailed the season, no doubt about it.