What Bowl Will Oregon Go To?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

What Bowl Will Oregon Go To?

Post by SuperDuck »

I was just looking at the Pac-12 Bowl ties and it looks like the Ducks will likely end up in the Holiday Bowl.

If USC beats Utah they're almost surely in the CFP. That would leave Utah as the league's #2 team. The question here is will the Rose Bowl want a rematch of last year with Utah vs Ohio State? If not, Utah could also land in the Orange, Cotton or Sugar Bowl.

If Utah were selected for a New Years Day game, how would that affect the rest of the conference?

The Alamo Bowl is next up and they had Oregon last year. That would probably put Washington there.

The Holiday Bowl is up next and is the likely landing spot for the Ducks. That would be vs the ACC #3 team - likely Florida State. That would match Dan Lanning against his old boss, Mike Norvell.

That said, if Utah loses to USC, there's still a chance that Oregon could be chosen to play in the Orange, Cotton or Sugar Bowl. They'd be a 9-3 team that lost to Oregon State in the season finale with an injured starting QB. Having a healthy Bo Nix may make them attractive to one of the major Bowl games.
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: What Bowl Will Oregon Go To?

Post by DuckzRule »

The fact you mentioned the Sugar Bowl hurt me, I just remember that we almost played Alabama in that bowl in the 2013 bowl season but the Sugar Bowl comittee chose Oklahoma over us :(
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:The fact you mentioned the Sugar Bowl hurt me, I just remember that we almost played Alabama in that bowl in the 2013 bowl season but the Sugar Bowl comittee chose Oklahoma over us :(
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Oklahoma beat Alabama that year?

Just sayin'. 8-)
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

SuperDuck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:The fact you mentioned the Sugar Bowl hurt me, I just remember that we almost played Alabama in that bowl in the 2013 bowl season but the Sugar Bowl comittee chose Oklahoma over us :(
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Oklahoma beat Alabama that year?

Just sayin'. 8-)
Yes, OU beat Bama that year, I wish we had a shot at them that year tho
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

No chance Oregon gets chosen for a New Years 6 Bowl. It's likely Holiday bowl or worse for us. There will be MANY opt outs
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

CFP- USC
Rose- Utah or UW
Alamo- Utah or UW
Holiday- OSU
Las Vegas- Oregon
Sun- UCLA
LA- WSU
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I heard a prediction of Holiday Bowl vs Notre Dame, I’d get excited at a chance to beat Notre Dame.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

If there are a bunch of opt outs. the lower the bowl, the better.
81Duck
One Star Recruit

Post by 81Duck »

Oregon State fans I know seem to think they'll end up in either the Vegas or Sun.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

73duck wrote:If there are a bunch of opt outs. the lower the bowl, the better.
with a CFP or Bust mentality, I think there is something to be said for simply winning your bowl game and moving on to next season.

The one upshot to playing later with your Bowl game though is the practice time.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I don't expect CFP berths. My definition of a good season is to beat UW and OSU and win the bowl game. The season is already a bust by those standards. So do I want a bowl game that they are underqualified for, have a bunch of starters sit out, and get smeared by an OOC school with an arrogant fan base? Did that last year.

BTW, thanks for getting rid of the ugly sig line from Cool Hand Luke; I often found myself scrolling up and down a few lines to avoid looking at it. If you created the new animated gif, that's well done and a good looking kid.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

73duck wrote:I don't expect CFP berths. My definition of a good season is to beat UW and OSU and win the bowl game. The season is already a bust by those standards. So do I want a bowl game that they are underqualified for, have a bunch of starters sit out, and get smeared by an OOC school with an arrogant fan base? Did that last year.

BTW, thanks for getting rid of the ugly sig line from Cool Hand Luke; I often found myself scrolling up and down a few lines to avoid looking at it. If you created the new animated gif, that's well done and a good looking kid.