2022-23 Oregon Comings/Goings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: 2022-23 Oregon Comings/Goings

Post by GrandpaDuck »

greenyellow wrote:I'm genuinely surprised that Cam is transferring but I certainly get him wanting a potential bigger role and to experience something else.
Yep this one is the biggest surprise yet. I wonder if this was "suggested" to him as they try to fit in all the new players?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I'm genuinely surprised that Cam is transferring but I certainly get him wanting a potential bigger role and to experience something else.
Yep this one is the biggest surprise yet. I wonder if this was "suggested" to him as they try to fit in all the new players?
I'm sort of thinking he may have.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Cam news makes loads of sense. Staying in Eugene has to feel like Groundhog's Day, to be honest. Would be awesome if he could leverage the portal to get into a grad program he's really interested in.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Everythingsducky wrote:Agreed. With all the blood, sweat and tears left here. Seemed definitely a UO lifer. With Matovao leaving, he’d have certainly played a ton next year. Maybe he’s going for a doctorate that UO doesn’t provide?

Bet he was pushed out. Stein only ran a 1te set 90% of the year. Not sure we will see a bunch of TE on the field next year. Have to process 10 more players, and you can’t process Herbert.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Agreed. With all the blood, sweat and tears left here. Seemed definitely a UO lifer. With Matovao leaving, he’d have certainly played a ton next year. Maybe he’s going for a doctorate that UO doesn’t provide?

Bet he was pushed out. Stein only ran a 1te set 90% of the year. Not sure we will see a bunch of TE on the field next year. Have to process 10 more players, and you can’t process Herbert.
I would not be surprised to see Crocker, Brevard, Chapman and Delgado leave.

Did Shipley transfer? If not could see him leaving also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Shipley is still here but he's one to watch, as are Poti, Afaese, and Ma'ae. I'd add people like Barkins, Dickerson, Hill, Stephens, and David as well in the secondary.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

College was the best 9 years of my life too.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:
lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Shipley is still here but he's one to watch, as are Poti, Afaese, and Ma'ae. I'd add people like Barkins, Dickerson, Hill, Stephens, and David as well in the secondary.
All of those are certainly possible. I wonder about Hill and Stephens though. I could see them staying. No inside info just thinking out loud.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Brevard is in the portal.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Making room….
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Keanu Williams in the portal

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

chapelhillduck wrote:Keanu Williams in the portal

Another one that is not too surprising

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Wow, if Terrance Ferguson and Troy Franklin leave, I have 2021 recruiting class bingo.

It's almost like Lanning and Co. didn't think the cupboard was all that full after all.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:Wow, if Terrance Ferguson and Troy Franklin leave, I have 2021 recruiting class bingo.

It's almost like Lanning and Co. didn't think the cupboard was all that full after all.
I doubt those guys leave as they're some of the stars on the offensive side of the ball.