Holiday Bowl: #15 Oregon v UNC (Dec. 28, Wed 5 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Holiday Bowl: #15 Oregon v UNC (Dec. 28, Wed 5 PM Fox)

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Bo certainly looked healthy catching their DB and probably saving a TD on the toe kick pick. Guy is fast. Go DUCKS!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

nogerO wrote:Bo certainly looked healthy catching their DB and probably saving a TD on the toe kick pick. Guy is fast. Go DUCKS!!!
I’m in the camp believing Bo was healthy, just given very strict orders to avoid contact. Given that someone(s) ponied up a lot of money to keep him around next year, I get that.

But I loved that, on a few plays, his passion for the game got the better of him and he set aside those instructions to make a play. Specifically the tackle after the INT and calling the read and keeping the ball late in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I still can't believe we won! This game will surely be remembered as a thriller.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Where are the Dan Lanning critics calling for his head? What a great season and from what I have heard from media sources he wants to be in Eugene for the long haul, raise his family here! “The grass is damn green in Eugene”
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Rewatching parts of the game….Franklin’s TD was the play of the night. Crazy difficult catch at a key time

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

chapelhillduck wrote:Rewatching parts of the game….Franklin’s TD was the play of the night. Crazy difficult catch at a key time

What’s funny is the TD pass and catch a couple plays before by Hutson was even better. Harper had to hit his illegal man downfield quota that play though so no one will remember it.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:Rewatching parts of the game….Franklin’s TD was the play of the night. Crazy difficult catch at a key time

What’s funny is the TD pass and catch a couple plays before by Hutson was even better. Harper had to hit his illegal man downfield quota that play though so no one will remember it.
You beat me to it. He made a great grab on that td called back due to the penalty.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:

Harper is good for a badly timed ineligible man downfield penalty, however on that play you cant blame the OLineman, that play is a run/pass option and just took too long to develop. If you rewatch it Harper wasn’t the only lineman downfield, they probably due to timing thought Bo was running and just went to block like they’re supposed to. The problem is that rule is absolutely garbage and shouldn’t exist, I get why they have it, but it’s just dumb to expect lineman to be fully aware where the ball and LOS is while trying to block. I hope they alter the rule or get rid of it.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

droop10 wrote:I doubt he did, but I sincerely hope QuackinBama turned the game off and got to experience 0 joy from the comeback. :lol:
That hurts. And now I can't even find the game to watch the second half on youtube. :|
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

UCLA had nearly the same script play out in their bowl game vs. Pitt, but with about 38 seconds on the clock after they went up by one, and then they stopped playing defense. Pretty tricky field goal into the wind by the Pitt kicker, and they win by two. Glad that isn't our ducks!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Phalanx wrote:UCLA had nearly the same script play out in their bowl game vs. Pitt, but with about 38 seconds on the clock after they went up by one, and then they stopped playing defense. Pretty tricky field goal into the wind by the Pitt kicker, and they win by two. Glad that isn't our ducks!
Some serious pressure on Chip now. He is not loved by the fan base and alums there so this certainly won't help

TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Phalanx wrote:UCLA had nearly the same script play out in their bowl game vs. Pitt, but with about 38 seconds on the clock after they went up by one, and then they stopped playing defense. Pretty tricky field goal into the wind by the Pitt kicker, and they win by two. Glad that isn't our ducks!

3 man rush=loss really dumb
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

RUSH?!?don't need no stinkin' rush!

It turned out almost exactly like l expected!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!