Powledge to Baylor

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Powledge to Baylor

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Based on the reactions to the recent On3 article about potential replacements, it sounds like some of the names brought up have been Donte Williams, Keith Heyward, and Rod Chance. Another name that was brought up by both the article and recruits was Rashad Wadood, who was the assistant DBs coach for Oregon this past season.

No thanks to Donte. That guy can eat a whole bag of D.

And I read the article, I don’t thin hop knows who is being looked at by Lanning. He is just guessing. Bet it ends up being someone not on the list.
What’s wrong with Donte? I thought he was a good coach and fantastic recruiter.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Based on the reactions to the recent On3 article about potential replacements, it sounds like some of the names brought up have been Donte Williams, Keith Heyward, and Rod Chance. Another name that was brought up by both the article and recruits was Rashad Wadood, who was the assistant DBs coach for Oregon this past season.

No thanks to Donte. That guy can eat a whole bag of D.

And I read the article, I don’t thin hop knows who is being looked at by Lanning. He is just guessing. Bet it ends up being someone not on the list.
Hop has no insights and pretending he does is disingenuous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

I’ve thought the same about Hopkins for a while. He seems to pump sunshine to his following more than any other Oregon recruiting guys. Prehm seems to be much more dialed in.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GoDucks7 wrote:I’ve thought the same about Hopkins for a while. He seems to pump sunshine to his following more than any other Oregon recruiting guys. Prehm seems to be much more dialed in.

Now that’s just funny. Prehm literally knows nothing
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:
GoDucks7 wrote:I’ve thought the same about Hopkins for a while. He seems to pump sunshine to his following more than any other Oregon recruiting guys. Prehm seems to be much more dialed in.

Now that’s just funny. Prehm literally knows nothing
Prehm is much more of a basketball guy than anything else.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Powledge to Baylor

Post by lmduck »

Lanning and Malchow run a tight ship. If you thought MC was tight lipped, DL is even more so.

JHop had absolutely no insight into the OC hiring and I am sure he has none into Powledge's replacement either.

The impression the outside world has of Donte Williams is entirely different than what was known and observed internally.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I’m not sure who on the staff Hop talks to now. He used to get lots of info from Neal when he was at UO, then from Maestro and even Mario. That’s why it seems like he is sunshine pumping. If you ever worked in sales, and the only info you get about potential sales is from the salesman, you would be less to believe everything is going awesome and everyone is buying.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

One name I throw out every few years is former Safety Matthew Harper. Since he left school he's been coaching largely in the NFL as an Asst Special Teams Coach for the Eagles and currently the Niners.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:I’m not sure who on the staff Hop talks to now. He used to get lots of info from Neal when he was at UO, then from Maestro and even Mario. That’s why it seems like he is sunshine pumping. If you ever worked in sales, and the only info you get about potential sales is from the salesman, you would be less to believe everything is going awesome and everyone is buying.
That is the issue, Hop has no solid connections right now and I can tell you there are people in the dept who are very leary of him based on some past experiences

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:I’m not sure who on the staff Hop talks to now. He used to get lots of info from Neal when he was at UO, then from Maestro and even Mario. That’s why it seems like he is sunshine pumping. If you ever worked in sales, and the only info you get about potential sales is from the salesman, you would be less to believe everything is going awesome and everyone is buying.
That is the issue, Hop has no solid connections right now and I can tell you there are people in the dept who are very leary of him based on some past experiences

I signed up for Scoopduck for the first time in November, they were doing a special where it’s basically $1/month until the season starts.

The main positive about the place is how active it is. As far as the “inside scoops” go, anything solid you just as easily could’ve surmised on your own just by browsing social media. So the board mainly serves as a place where thats all done and consolidated for you. The only genuine scoops are shared by random posters, like the guy who called both the Lanning and Stein hire before anyone knew they were even on the list.

Idk if JHop has a full time job other than running the site but he acts like putting out generic articles and sharing the “juice” a few times a week is this massive burden, and is always so annoyed with everyone on the board. Very weird dynamic, especially since the members are the only reason he’s able to have the job he does.

In summary, this is still the best board out there, even if it’s a little slow these days.
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

Do you know who the poster was that called the Lanning and Stein hires?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Duck07 wrote:One name I throw out every few years is former Safety Matthew Harper. Since he left school he's been coaching largely in the NFL as an Asst Special Teams Coach for the Eagles and currently the Niners.
I like muchly.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

GoDucks7 wrote:Do you know who the poster was that called the Lanning and Stein hires?
Would be interesting to know

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lmduck wrote:

I signed up for Scoopduck for the first time in November, they were doing a special where it’s basically $1/month until the season starts.

The main positive about the place is how active it is. As far as the “inside scoops” go, anything solid you just as easily could’ve surmised on your own just by browsing social media. So the board mainly serves as a place where thats all done and consolidated for you. The only genuine scoops are shared by random posters, like the guy who called both the Lanning and Stein hire before anyone knew they were even on the list.

Idk if JHop has a full time job other than running the site but he acts like putting out generic articles and sharing the “juice” a few times a week is this massive burden, and is always so annoyed with everyone on the board. Very weird dynamic, especially since the members are the only reason he’s able to have the job he does.

In summary, this is still the best board out there, even if it’s a little slow these days.
Interesting take here. I do know that JHop is not favorably viewed by people inside the HDC and as I said Lanning keeps things pretty locked down so not sure he has the sources he claims. He may have had some previously but again I think those are gone now.

wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Duck07 wrote:One name I throw out every few years is former Safety Matthew Harper. Since he left school he's been coaching largely in the NFL as an Asst Special Teams Coach for the Eagles and currently the Niners.
I’ll always remember Harper sealing the deal with an interception against SC in 07.