Powledge to Baylor

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Powledge to Baylor

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lmduck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:I’m not sure who on the staff Hop talks to now. He used to get lots of info from Neal when he was at UO, then from Maestro and even Mario. That’s why it seems like he is sunshine pumping. If you ever worked in sales, and the only info you get about potential sales is from the salesman, you would be less to believe everything is going awesome and everyone is buying.
That is the issue, Hop has no solid connections right now and I can tell you there are people in the dept who are very leary of him based on some past experiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I signed up for Scoopduck for the first time in November, they were doing a special where it’s basically $1/month until the season starts.

The main positive about the place is how active it is. As far as the “inside scoops” go, anything solid you just as easily could’ve surmised on your own just by browsing social media. So the board mainly serves as a place where thats all done and consolidated for you. The only genuine scoops are shared by random posters, like the guy who called both the Lanning and Stein hire before anyone knew they were even on the list.

Idk if JHop has a full time job other than running the site but he acts like putting out generic articles and sharing the “juice” a few times a week is this massive burden, and is always so annoyed with everyone on the board. Very weird dynamic, especially since the members are the only reason he’s able to have the job he does.

In summary, this is still the best board out there, even if it’s a little slow these days.
Interesting take here. I do know that JHop is not favorably viewed by people inside the HDC and as I said Lanning keeps things pretty locked down so not sure he has the sources he claims. He may have had some previously but again I think those are gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t mean to rag on JHop, he seems like a good dude, it just seemed like he was winging it leading up to signing day. A lot of his predictions were either wrong or made when it was already common knowledge. Like Matayo picking Oregon was all over Twitter the night before signing day.

There was some weird stuff going on too, like him predicting DJ U to UCLA. It’s still a cool board but definitely seems like his sources have dried up. And him getting pissy at people for questioning him was lame.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

canaduck wrote:Haven't seen any rumors about it, but I hope it's not Trent Figg.
It's not him as he just got hired elsewhere.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

GoDucks7 wrote:Do you know who the poster was that called the Lanning and Stein hires?
bpd21 or something like that
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

greenyellow wrote:
canaduck wrote:Haven't seen any rumors about it, but I hope it's not Trent Figg.
It's not him as he just got hired elsewhere.
That seems best for everybody. I know him and Lanning go back a ways, and he coached DBs at his last stop. Think this reflects well on Lanning that he didn't just hand the gig to his buddy.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Anyone have coaching search updates? Could Lanning be looking to hire someone that is currently on a coaching staff of an NFL playoff team?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Anyone have coaching search updates? Could Lanning be looking to hire someone that is currently on a coaching staff of an NFL playoff team?
Dan goes into stealth mode when it comes to this stuff. He keeps it pretty locked down so unless someone leaks something I am guessing we won't know till there is an official announcement.