Big List of Questions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Big List of Questions

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Can you clarify #8? Not understanding what the essence of that one is.
Here it is! In essence all I expect to hear from Rob/Media is how wonderful everything is.
Nicole writes for The Athletic.

What exactly do you want Moseley to say? Do you read the practice reports for other teams??? Basically they are all the same. In this day of social media nobody is saying anything that gives Intel to their opponents.

Listen to or read practice reports from Saban, Smart, Harbaugh and their beat writers, exact same thing as Moseley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Can you clarify #8? Not understanding what the essence of that one is.
Here it is! In essence all I expect to hear from Rob/Media is how wonderful everything is.
Nicole writes for The Athletic.

What exactly do you want Moseley to say? Do you read the practice reports for other teams??? Basically they are all the same. In this day of social media nobody is saying anything that gives Intel to their opponents.

Listen to or read practice reports from Saban, Smart, Harbaugh and their beat writers, exact same thing as Moseley.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The Auerbach tweet was 100% facetious, for any who are unsure.

The practice report comment is in response to older practice reports giving some insight into which younger guys are making an impression in practice, and providing some idea on depth chart. Now it's a complete black hole.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:The Auerbach tweet was 100% facetious, for any who are unsure.

The practice report comment is in response to older practice reports giving some insight into which younger guys are making an impression in practice, and providing some idea on depth chart. Now it's a complete black hole.
Agree that it is no longer informative but I personally don't care. Please don't take that as a snarky comment because that is not my intention. Times have changed and again it's because of social media and coaches desire to not give any info to the opponent.

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I'm almost surprised/would be surprised that the coaches don't use Internet users to send out disinformation.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Quietduck wrote:I'm almost surprised/would be surprised that the coaches don't use Internet users to send out disinformation.
They have Kris Hutson for information disemination.

Sorry I just couldn't resist.

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

random prediction: Thompson's patience and hard work pays off and he turns in an incredible JR/SR seasons in 2024/25, and become one of the notable QB's in recent Oregon history.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dd10snoop28 wrote:random prediction: Thompson's patience and hard work pays off and he turns in an incredible JR/SR seasons in 2024/25, and become one of the notable QB's in recent Oregon history.
Fitting prediction for your username and signature picture.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I remember that as recently as 2007 the practices were open. I remember fishduck's reports (just fan posts; he did not have his web site back then) were particularly illuminating that year tipping us off that it was going to be a special year (it was the year of Dixon's heisman run and not coincidentally CK's first year as OC). I think the practices got closed in 2009 when CK got the HC job.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

That is correct. Chip shut them
down and then it started happening across the conference.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Chip may have shut them down, but we were still getting meaningful reports from Rob until 2013, when he took the job at the U of O. Ever since then, he has been writing like an HR zombie and is basically unreadable.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

buckmarkduck wrote:Is Rising returning? Also I think OSU returns like 19 starters.
I don't think OSU will be as good as they think they will be. They crept in under everyone's radars this year and overachieved. They have a handful of wins that should've been Ls but got the ball to bounce their way at the last few plays. DJ is also a toss up, but they seem to banking that he will have a Bo Nix improvement in Corvallis.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

shoparound wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Is Rising returning? Also I think OSU returns like 19 starters.
I don't think OSU will be as good as they think they will be. They crept in under everyone's radars this year and overachieved. They have a handful of wins that should've been Ls but got the ball to bounce their way at the last few plays. DJ is also a toss up, but they seem to banking that he will have a Bo Nix improvement in Corvallis.
The strength of that team was their secondary, much like Petersen -led fusky teams. They'll lose Weight and Austin to the NFL and will graduate Grant at safety. Kitan Oladapo comes back at strong safety, and Alton Julian returns from injury. We'll see if Julian plus two othera can make up for two NFL corners and an all conference safety. On the flip side, if they can score more in 2023 then maybe they'll be alright.