Questions about scholarships and count

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Questions about scholarships and count

Post by Alan »

1. How many football scholarships allowed?
2. Current number of scholarships with current roster, and Portal signees, and signed recruits?
3. How does Lanning get the number of scholarship player too the limit, assuming the Ducks are over and still looking at players for next season? Show some of the three and four and deep the door to the portal?

I like what he is doing, bringing in a lot of talent. But he does seem to be overbooking
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Questions about scholarships and count

Post by lmduck »

According to people who have contacts in the AD there will be more transfers and there will also be some who will depart after spring football. Conventional wisdom is Dan has a plan in place so have to assume he knows all the moving parts and all the possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

1. There's the same 85 limit that's been in place except for last year.
2. Oregon is currently between 91-93 scholarship players.
3. There are going to be transfers still between now and the start of fall camp.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I think it's possible that some of these players aren't on scholarship as well, and that their NIL deals might be covering tuition, etc. Lat year, someone asked if one of the players was on scholarship, and Lanning replied 'it doesn't matter'.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:1. There's the same 85 limit that's been in place except for last year.
2. Oregon is currently between 91-93 scholarship players.
3. There are going to be transfers still between now and the start of fall camp.
Thank for the numbers, sounds like some of the kids could be introduced to the NIL business world and the portal may not be so much a suggestion for some as much as “this is the way it is, good luck to wherever you land”. Option.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phalanx wrote:I think it's possible that some of these players aren't on scholarship as well, and that their NIL deals might be covering tuition, etc. Lat year, someone asked if one of the players was on scholarship, and Lanning replied 'it doesn't matter'.
Good point, brings up the traveling team.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:I think it's possible that some of these players aren't on scholarship as well, and that their NIL deals might be covering tuition, etc. Lat year, someone asked if one of the players was on scholarship, and Lanning replied 'it doesn't matter'.
To that end, as children of university employees, Martin, Tuioti and Ware-Hudson would also have extremely reduced tuition rates unless that's been changed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
To that end, as children of university employees, Martin, Tuioti and Ware-Hudson would also have extremely reduced tuition rates unless that's been changed.
When did Ware-Hudson's dad become an employee of the university?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I doubt his dad works for UO. I don’t know what he would be doing, but he sure isn’t coaching here.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
When did Ware-Hudson's dad become an employee of the university?
That's an error on my part seeing the Coach Hudson stuff all the time.