LaMichael James headed to CFB HOF

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

LaMichael James headed to CFB HOF

Post by nogerO »

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: LaMichael James elected to CFB HOF

Post by Everythingsducky »

Good for him! Well deserved.
duckfan22
Senior

Re: LaMichael James headed to CFB HOF

Post by duckfan22 »

i have seen every Oregon RB for Oregon beginning with Bobby Moore.. And LaMike is
as good as them all maybe better.. He just had that extra something that you really
just sat back and watched.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Greatest RB ever to wear the Green and Yellow!
Everythingsducky
Senior

Does this fan base not appreciate what LMJ did as a Duck? Super don’t understand the lack of responses to this thread. First team all-UO at his position. Congrats, and thanks for coming to UO from Texas, and kicking absolute ass!
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Congrats to LMJ1 all time great Duck!
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He had the speed and the right moves. How lucky we were to have had this gem of a player on our team. I will have to eat a Killer Burger soon. Watch the Tennessee game where he changed direction on that long td run. It always is a thrill to watch it.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't think I've seen another guy since who is that size but so effective at running between the tackles.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Dude was a prototype RB for a zone read/option team.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:I don't think I've seen another guy since who is that size but so effective at running between the tackles.
The only comparison is Barry Sanders at 5'8".
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:Does this fan base not appreciate what LMJ did as a Duck? Super don’t understand the lack of responses to this thread. First team all-UO at his position. Congrats, and thanks for coming to UO from Texas, and kicking absolute ass!
I think some of it is because most would expect him to get an honor like this after the career he had.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

And LMJ is just a nice guy. I drop in to his Beaverton Killer Burger now and then. I'm an older alum (was around to watch Fouts and Bobby Moore (Ahmad Rashad)) and he doesn't really know me from Adam, but he's always willing to sit and chat about the campus, Autzen, Duck football history, life in Eugene, etc. A "mensch", if you will.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Weston wrote:And LMJ is just a nice guy. I drop in to his Beaverton Killer Burger now and then. I'm an older alum (was around to watch Fouts and Bobby Moore (Ahmad Rashad)) and he doesn't really know me from Adam, but he's always willing to sit and chat about the campus, Autzen, Duck football history, life in Eugene, etc. A "mensch", if you will.
That’s super cool, thanks for sharing.

LMJ was incredible, and even though he’s beloved by fans, I feel like still doesn’t get enough credit. Probably in part because of his diminutive personality and the fact that his NFL career didn’t pan out. It’s a weird thing where fans almost become bigger fans of a player becomes an NFL star. See Justin Herbert.

Anyways, this is well deserved and I hope the football program makes a really big deal about it. Name a trophy or a building or something after him.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Weston wrote:And LMJ is just a nice guy. I drop in to his Beaverton Killer Burger now and then. I'm an older alum (was around to watch Fouts and Bobby Moore (Ahmad Rashad)) and he doesn't really know me from Adam, but he's always willing to sit and chat about the campus, Autzen, Duck football history, life in Eugene, etc. A "mensch", if you will.
Had the same experience with him. Coolest thing was, he actually was behind the register and took my order (been over a year since I’ve been to the Beaverton store), and was just a super cool dude. His franchise must be doing well, very happy for him.