WR Traeshon Holden arrested and dismissed from team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: WR Traeshon Holden arrested and dismissed from team

Post by Quietduck »

A gun legally used or kept is not relevant to the issue.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

There is a good likelihood that the tweeter is biased in favor of Holden, so this is probably a favorable version of the story...

For example, he makes sure to note that Holden's girlfriend "broke a hand sanitizer on the way out."

LOL
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I don't know destruction of private property on either side seem relevant to me.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:There is a good likelihood that the tweeter is biased in favor of Holden, so this is probably a favorable version of the story...

For example, he makes sure to note that Holden's girlfriend "broke a hand sanitizer on the way out."

LOL
I mean hand sanitizer was a scarce commodity before Toilet Paper and now Eggs...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Quietduck wrote:A gun legally used or kept is not relevant to the issue.
It absolutely is relevant. He may have been within the law, but he also has to meet the University Student Conduct Code and Team Rules. He may have been well within his rights and the law, but the bigger question is did he violate team rules or the student conduct code with his actions?

94% of publicly funded schools in the United States have a zero tolerance policy for firearms. I didn't look it up, but I am guessing that Oregon has some sort of policy in place? Does anyone know Lanning's policy on firearms?

I would find it very difficult to believe that there wouldn't be something in place by the team and University on this issue, especially considering what has happened at MSU, UVA, etc. recently.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

First it doesn't sound like he was on University property. Second as far I can find the zero tolerance does not dictate anything about owning firearms. If he was off property and was using the firearm in a legal manner the university has no leg to stand on. Feel free to correct me by quoting the specific point in student or other policy that says he can not do what he did.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

:lol: You forced me to look it up. It looks like a gray area to me on the student code of conduct. I am not saying you are wrong here and I am not a lawyer, but the way I read this, the University can step in if they believe there was a threat to the health and safety of any person.

Per Section III, Item 4 - The University can apply the Student Code of Conduct to student behavior off-campus in which the University can demonstrate that..... 3) actions have seriously threatened the health and safety of any person.

Per Section 4, Item 3 - Possession of explosive materials, firearms, ammunition or other dangerous weapons is prohibited on University Premises and at University Sponsored Activities, unless expressly authorized by law and applicable University Policy. Includes violation of the Firearm Policy. Weapons, possessed, used, or handled off-campus in a manner that is unlawful or contributes to any other violation of the Code is also prohibited.

We don't know what Lanning's team rules are either.

I am not saying he should be booted or reinstated, just that we probably don't know the team or University's stance on what happened.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

North I think we can agree on that. I haven't decided yet for myself on whether he should be back on the team.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Indications out there that Holden has likely been reinstated on the team. He had removed references to the Ducks on his social media accounts, and earlier today has added them back in. I'm sure we'll hear something from Lanning in the next day or two.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Good news!!
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Couldnt find any intel online regarding his reinstatement.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

droop10 wrote:Indications out there that Holden has likely been reinstated on the team. He had removed references to the Ducks on his social media accounts, and earlier today has added them back in. I'm sure we'll hear something from Lanning in the next day or two.

I am not sure. Traeshon adding stuck stuff is not an indication of the school's willingness to bring him back.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Rumors, we have no clue on what may be happening:

DL may have a one and done policy on guns and we have no idea if that includes hunting rifles

DL pulled the trigger on kicking him off the team and may not want to go back on his actions

There may be more to the story then what we heard third hand

DL may be in the process of reinstating him

What we do know for 100% is he has been kicked off the team, I can live with that and support our coach.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Holden has officially been reinstated.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Good to see this has worked out for everyone involved.