WR Traeshon Holden arrested and dismissed from team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: WR Traeshon Holden arrested and dismissed from team

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m glad Holden is coming back! I was worried that even if DL wanted to reinstate him he’d go elsewhere as he didn’t feel supported. Not sure if DL will continue to handle these situations in similar fashion but I personally prefer the Chip method if indefinite suspension as he waits for the facts.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I’m glad he’s back after all the info came out. Props to Lanning for doing the right thing here.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m glad Holden is coming back! I was worried that even if DL wanted to reinstate him he’d go elsewhere as he didn’t feel supported. Not sure if DL will continue to handle these situations in similar fashion but I personally prefer the Chip method if indefinite suspension as he waits for the facts.
"I am aware of the incident involving a member of our football program. When all of the facts involving the incident are uncovered, I will determine the appropriate action to take. Until then, I will be monitoring the situation closely."

In these types of situations, there is really no reason for a coach to do anything other than a release a statement similar to the one I made up above. Moving forward, I am guessing that is the approach Lanning will take.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

gogreen55 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m glad Holden is coming back! I was worried that even if DL wanted to reinstate him he’d go elsewhere as he didn’t feel supported. Not sure if DL will continue to handle these situations in similar fashion but I personally prefer the Chip method if indefinite suspension as he waits for the facts.
"I am aware of the incident involving a member of our football program. When all of the facts involving the incident are uncovered, I will determine the appropriate action to take. Until then, I will be monitoring the situation closely."

In these types of situations, there is really no reason for a coach to do anything other than a release a statement similar to the one I made up above. Moving forward, I am guessing that is the approach Lanning will take.
Universities and other organizations have to act fast to avoid an avalanche of criticism and potential protests/bad press.
It’s stupid, but that’s the world we live in. The flip side is that Holden might have grounds for a lawsuit.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I see no grounds here for a lawsuit. Glad he was reinstated!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The fact of the matter here, at least if the facts that have come out are true, if he just shuts the door and never grabs his gun. The ex and the neighbors are the ones getting arrested for hitting him and pepper spraying him. Hope he learns to keep his gun in its holster.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

My guess is he might no longer own the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lmduck wrote:My guess is he might no longer own the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or have a girlfriend.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I believe one of the articles described her as an 'ex-girlfriend, who was trying to get in to TH's apartment to confront the current gf...
Remind me again, how long has TH been in Eugene?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

woundedknees wrote:I believe one of the articles described her as an 'ex-girlfriend, who was trying to get in to TH's apartment to confront the current gf...
Remind me again, how long has TH been in Eugene?

Idk, but girls can move also. She doesn’t have to be a Eugene resident
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Don't think there's anything wrong with how it was handled. There's more or less zero difference between "dismissal" and "indefinite suspension" in this scenario.

He was away from the team for a couple weeks while it was sorted out, now he's back. The rest is semantics or speculation.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Hopefully he was able to find a replacement hand sanitizer bottle.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

GrantDuck wrote:Don't think there's anything wrong with how it was handled. There's more or less zero difference between "dismissal" and "indefinite suspension" in this scenario.

He was away from the team for a couple weeks while it was sorted out, now he's back. The rest is semantics or speculation.
If we're talking just football, then you're correct, but being dismissed from the team means his scholarship is gone. I'm not sure if it would last through the term, but with no scholarship he can't attend school unless he pays his own way.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

squintsdd wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Don't think there's anything wrong with how it was handled. There's more or less zero difference between "dismissal" and "indefinite suspension" in this scenario.

If we're talking just football, then you're correct, but being dismissed from the team means his scholarship is gone. I'm not sure if it would last through the term, but with no scholarship he can't attend school unless he pays his own way.
I think the school has to either kick him out or else honor his scholarship through the academic year per the scholarship agreement.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Duck07 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:

I think the school has to either kick him out or else honor his scholarship through the academic year per the scholarship agreement.
Thanks, I wasn't sure how athletic scholarships work. I would think in a case like this, if it were as bad as initially thought, he would be kicked out of school as well.